*I Am Emily: Chapter 6*

Chapter 6
    Answers

As I sleep, a dream occurs. This dream consists of an older version of me sitting on a swing in a nice outfit consisting of a cute top and skirt. A phenomenally humongous tree towers over me with one of the branches holding up me and the swing. Birds chirp around me and it almost feels like my nose tickles from the nearby blooming flowers. The peacefulness of the dream makes all my worries disappear as I wake up to Mia shaking me asking for candy. I laugh and say no. She frowns and walks away. I get up and look at my phone. I look at the battery seeing that it is at 30%. ¨Dangit! I forgot my charger!¨ I say with Jason, giving me a confused look. I apologize and facepalm myself. I see that I got a call and I think back to the call I got before the hurricane sirens. Wait...Why did that person know my phone number? What if they can help me! I built up the courage to look at the area code. I found out that it is very close to the shelter. I then realize that the person that had my phone number can be in this very shelter! I then shouted out who had the phone number that called me earlier and a few moments later I heard the woman that I gave the water and candy shout, ''That is my sister's phone number!¨ I ran over to her and asked her where she was. She points to a woman at the corner of the room. I run over to her and ask her if that's her phone number. She nods confusingly and grabs her cracked phone from in her pocket and shows me that it is her phone number. I tell her the story and she is shocked to hear what I said. ¨Emily?¨ She says. I give a confused look as she pulls out a picture of me as a baby. I then think back to the picture of my mom that I brought. I ran over to my cot to get it and ran back showing it to her. I cry hugging her. She is my mom. I finally got to see her. But then I backed away. ¨But...My mom is dead.¨ I say. She then blinks out a tear. ¨I´m not dead. Your father...He made a deal with the devil,¨ She says. ¨He could have whatever he wishes as long as his 3rd child dies on the last day of 6th grade before midnight, since that was the day he made the deal.¨ I give another confused look and ask why my dad said you were dead. ¨Your father said that because I can´t be with you. Another thing is that the mother cannot go near the child or something bad will happen. And sadly, it already happened. They didn't kill you in time so the hurricane happened, killing your dad and siblings in the process,¨ She says. ¨But I never wanted this to happen. Your father went mad after his sister died and we lost all our money. He went to a place in secret with your brother and sister when you were very young and made the deal. They kicked me out of the house and their life and I haven't seen you until now.¨ I sit and ask why she had my phone number in her contacts and who was on the phone earlier and she explains how her niece that is now dead got taken by my dad and was forced to pretend that she was in danger. And that she found my number in a phone book and was about to contact me before I was killed but the hurricane happened. Everything started to make sense and before I knew it it was dark outside. We talked as long as we could before they said we needed to get some rest. I went to sleep with all the answers. I have a mom!