Fifteen

Geonhak stops the car before the building where Seoho lives. He has come many times to drop his friend and his daughter off, but was never invited inside. This time, Seoho insisted that he should at least pick him up at his front door.

The blonde readjusts his comfortable yellow sweatshirt and mentally thanks his ex-partner for suggesting he take his tight shirt and tie off. Then, he pushes the building door open and climbs up the stair to the top floor.

He clears his throat once, then another time, and eventually finds it in himself to knock on the door. He tries to forget his racing heart and fixes his hair one last time, before Seoho shows up in front of him.

Geonhak swallows silently. He had never imagined Seoho could look even more handsome, as he does in that black shirt and tight pants. "Can I say you look stunning, or is that too gay of me?" he smiles.

"It's always nice being called stunning," Seoho shrugs and they hug swiftly. "Thanks again for asking me on a... Hum, night out?" Geonhak smiles again. Neither of them wants to call this a 'date'. "It's been ages since anyone actually took me out."

"My pleasure. Are you ready?"

"Almost. Just need to get rid of one little monster. Byeol-ah? Geonhak-ssi's here!"

The blonde hears quick steps running to the door and, soon, a brown-haired girl in pyjamas jumps into his arms. He squeezes her little body against his strong chest and lets her kiss his cheek. "How is my favourite princess doing?"

Minbyeol does not answer and instead watches Geonhak's yellow outfit. She tangles her fingers in his hair and whispers loudly, "When I grow up, I wanna marry you! Dad said I could."

"Unless I marry him before that," Seoho jokes with a wink.

Geonhak laughs heartily. "You're both going to have to talk about this with Sunnie. I'm not sure he'll let you!"

Seoho eventually takes a few strides towards the door next to his and knocks. An old woman opens and Seoho bows politely. "Good evening, Mrs. Cha. I'm leaving Byeol-ah with you, as we discussed. Many thanks for accepting to look after my girl. I'll be there before ten!"

The lady glances at Geonhak who bows silently. Minbyeol kisses his cheek, and leans to kiss Seoho's before dropping from Geonhak's arms to her feet and running inside the old lady's house. "Have fun, you two. That's some charming young man you got there, Seoho-yah."

Seoho thanks the woman and locks his own door before smiling to Geonhak. "Now I'm ready. Where are we going?"

Geonhak smiles mysteriously and holds out his hand. Seoho stares at it for a moment, and the blonde eventually murmurs shyly, "Only take it if you're comfortable with this."

"It's okay. I'm comfortable with you."

Geonhak feels the other man's small, delicate hand meet his own, warm and sweaty. Almost immediately, his blood seems hotter and quicker in his veins. Seoho's skin feels so right on his own.

"This is not a date," Geonhak reminds his friend gravely. "I just want to let you a bit more into my world."

"Not a date," Seoho repeats with a nod.

Geonhak grins and they get down to his car, Seoho's hand still in his. They chat casually during the short drive, and Seoho shares some funny anecdotes from work, which have Geonhak burst out laughing. The man with the brown hair and lighter streaks also asks about Geonhak's day and about his friend Youngjo.

"It's been more and more difficult to see him lately. He's always out of town! But I'm lucky to have him."

"And if Youngjo's away, who's looking after Sunnie?" Seoho suddenly asks with a frown, seemingly worried.