Chapter VI

A week had gone by and Optimus had been well recovered before I had. I was standing up in the medbay and Ratchet was trying to help me out with some physical therapy. My legs had definitely atrophied from not having been used in a long, long time. In a way it felt foreign when I was standing there in front of Ratchet's robotic form that was telling me to walk along his table that was in front of him. His servos at the ready in case I fell.

"Your recovery is coming back faster than we had expected. You could very well be walking without a limp tomorrow at the rate we are going." Ratchet said. I merely rolled my eyes. "Why bother treating my injury and helping me if I might as well end up in some sort of cell." I asked. "It is clear that you guys don't want to trust me."

"We don't know what to think. You still haven't exactly told us your whole story." Ratchet said.

"Can I make a request?" I asked.

"What kind of request?" Ratchet asked.

"I wish to have an audience with everyone like I did before I was injured. There are still details I am afraid that are yet to be told."

"And what kind of details may these be?" A voice asked as another robot entered the room. I turned around and saw the figure of Optimus looking down at me. "I have heard you have made a miraculous recovery so I was coming in to check in on you."

"Why am I a prisoner here when I haven't killed anyone? I have not once shown myself as a threat?" I asked as I looked up at the bot. "I am never going to be free." I turned my back on the bot and walked farther onto the table as I felt tears start to form on my eyes.

"Maria, wait." Ratchet cried as his hand came down in front of me, blocking my way. "If you think we don't understand how you feel, then you are wrong. We understand entirely, exactly how you are feeling."

"How do I feel?" I roared as I looked up at him. "I feel like I have failed. All I want is to feel like my parents and sibling's deaths were for a reason, rather than for nothing. They were slaughtered, and still were terrorized even after death. It is one thing for them to have been dead after I had witnessed the explosion of my home, but when I came back to find that their bodies were battered in such a way...I...I can't stand it. Nobody deserved to have been treated in such a way. Even a simple, innocent baby. Looking like it had been mangled, and all I could do during the fight was run, to fight to survive. I owe my life to my family for killing the ones who destroyed them. Destroyed them in front of me, when they were unarmed." I stood there, fists at my sides as tears ran down my face. "I had just come back from a trip. A trip that my parents worked really hard to provide for me. The day I came back, just so happened to be the very day that everything fell apart. I had just returned home to find several robots running around the town firing at innocent people from all different directions. As I drove as fast as I could to my home, I found a blast of fire hit my house. My house exploded in all directions, making me realize that I was in danger. I took off at a run, after evacuating my car and I was running down several different alleyways or through piles of rubble. Before the enemy could catch me, some other bot had stopped them and were fighting with the one that was chasing me..." I started to explain to them as I could remember the incident as though it was just yesterday.

"Do you remember what the bots looked like?" Optimus asked. "Who saved you and who attacked you?"

"I don't remember the exact details of the enemy, but I know that they were able to fly. They were also silver colored, but any other details I cannot recall. As for the one who stopped them, they were in a way a golden yellow color. The only one among you that has looked similar in color would be one of those lamborghinis." I answered.

"Sunstreaker and Starscream." Ratchet mumbled. "But Sunstreaker hates humans. Not to mention he wasn't there for the battle."

"It would stand to reason, if we ask Sunstreaker what he knows about the battle in Chicago." Optimus said. "For now, I think Maria should probably rest. We can worry about what our plans are later, along with introductions."