Present Day

20 years later Alan was in his tent ready to start a new day. He put the postcard he held up on his draws next to a crumbled photo, smiled and left his tent and headed down to the dig. He walked through an opening where the volunteers were digging.

"Dr. Grant, we have found something. Could you come take a look please?"

Alan Grant followed the male student over to a new skeleton they had just started to excavate.

"My god"

Alan took a step towards the fosil they had begun to uncover. He couldn't believe his eyes. He was sure he was wrong but the formation of the skull was unmistakable. Alan turned to the student and asked.

"Henry, come closer, how would you classify this?"

Henry was one of Alan's students. Alan was fond of Henry, he was keen and loved to learn. Henry was tall, he had blonde hair and brown eyes. He had a passion for palaeontology and was thrilled to be one of Dr. Alan Grant's students and worked with him closely too.

"See I was stunned because surely it couldn't be what it is? I'm going to classify based on the skull and teeth of a Giganotasaurus?"

Henry couldn't believe he let that leave his mouth. It was near impossible they would be so far north but here they were up north facing a Giganotosaurus.

"Exactly Henry, but what it is doing here I couldn't tell you I'm as shocked as you."

Alan looked in confusion.

"Dr. Grant, you have a visitor."

A volunteer shouted across the field. Alan saw from a far a figure walk into his tent. Disgruntled at the rudeness he turned to Henry.

"Honestly people just have no manners anymore, Henry can you take charge here for me? I will go and see what this visitor wants."

With that Alan left the dig and walked towards his tent.

In the tent the visitor was walking around making a study. They stopped and looked at the crumbled photograph next to the postcard. They smiled to themselves and carried on wandering around, until the sound of footsteps crunching the pebbles caused them to stop right where they were.

"Excuse me , but who in god's name do you think you are...." Alan stopped Mid sentence stunned it had been over 20 years since he last saw her.

"Ellie Sattler"

"Alan Grant"

Ellie turned with a smile. Slightly enjoying the shock she had just given him.

"What on earth? I thought you were still travelling? I got your postcard this morning"

Alan walked towards her and greeted her still in shock.

"Been a while I know, I'm sorry. I have been travelling non stop for the past few years, hence the postcards."

Ellie took a seat on one of the dusty chairs. She smiled to herself, almost preparing herself for something.

"Now, you didn't come all this way just to catch up now did you?" Alan looked at Ellie as he lent against his desk arms folded with his eyebrow raised.

"You know me too well, In some ways you are right, I do have something to talk to you about. Alan, I need your help."

Ellie got up and walked over to the desk Alan was leaning against, where she had left a covered box like object.

"I knew it, how can I be of service?" Alan chuckled as Ellie slightly glared at his tease.

"Here look at this" Ellie took the blanket off to reveal a cage. Inside the cage was a locust, not just any locust, a genetically modified locust.

Alan put his glasses on and sat on the chair at his desk and studied it.

"For god's sake, first Dinosaurs living and breathing amongst us, and now this? Ellie where did you get this?"

Alan shook his head. Ellie came up behind him.

"I caught this on a ranch. I was visiting a park for my DPW work and a whole swarm attacked some children playing near the crops."

"Did you say swarm? Ellie? Can I ask what you have been doing all these years?"

Alan looked concerned that he knew Ellie's nature and how she had written to him after the events that led to the Dinosaurs being released into the wild around the world. Ellie looked at Alan then her feet.

"I've been working with the Department Of Prehistoric Wildlife. It started out fine but then with every new species and then the Dino black market in Malta things were getting dicey. I know this is crazy but I know BioSyn are once again behind all of this and if they are not stopped. Alan all of this our world will be left to nothing."

"Ellie no. I know exactly where this is going, are you crazy? BioSyn? They ruined our lives, we were nearly killed after what Dennis did! And now you're standing here telling me we need to stop this? Ellie, are you seriously asking me this after everything?"

Alan stood taking his glasses off. He knew the answer to all his questions. Ellie was tenacious, that was why he loved her. But after everything that had happened he was still shocked it was Ellie this time asking for his help and going into what he knew would be dangerous.

"Alan. BioSyn is creating an ecological disaster if we don't stop them then who? I can't stand by and watch and truth be told I can't do this without you. You know Dinosaurs shouldn't be living amongst us but now they are. Please Alan."

"Ellie I....."

Alan looked to the floor as Ellie got up and walked to exit the tent. Ellie turned back towards Alan.

"You coming or what?"

Alan gave Ellie the look he wasn't about to let her do this on her own, and in some ways he knew he would follow her to the end of the world and back, didn't stop him being slightly annoyed Ellie knew this too. He grabbed his hat and jacket and followed Ellie to the car.