Early Hours

Ellie laid awake. She tried but she just couldn't sleep. She sat up in her bed. She looked around the room. She got out of bed and started to pace the room. The thought of Alan on the couch was playing on her mind as she walked to the bedroom doors. She paused and stopped herself. She paced the room again. She wanted to open the doors, but she kept stopping herself each time. She wondered if Alan was even awake.

In the lounge Alan was laying on the couch. He was awake. He was playing the whole conversation he and Ellie had earlier in his head. He felt foolish but he felt he did the right thing. All of sudden he heard footsteps coming from Ellie's room. He slowly got up and wondered why she was muttering and wandering about. He walked towards Ellie's door he was about to knock but stopped himself. He thought for a second. He shook his head and told himself to get a grip. He stood at the door ready to knock.

Next moment Ellie opened the door. She was stunned to see Alan standing there. They both looked at each other. Alan looked at Ellie. Her hair was a mess with a blanket wrapped around her, he had forgotten he wasn't actually wearing a shirt. Ellie looked at Alan and smiled.

"I couldn't sleep, sorry if I woke you" Ellie said as she looked deep into Alan's eyes and then down admiring him. She had forgotten how good he looked.

"Me either...." Alan looked at Ellie, his heart pounding as he looked at her. She was so beautiful, all he could do was wonder why he ever let her go from his life.

The tension between the two was electric, unbearable even.

He couldn't fight it anymore; he wrapped his arms around Ellie and kissed her passionately.

They came up for air after a minute.

"What happened to taking it slow?" Ellie's heart was pounding. She was so close to Alan she could feel his heart pounding too.

"I'm not always right you know" Alan said smiling into Ellie's lips kissing her again.

Alan scooped Ellie into his arms as they walked over to the bed. He laid her down and looked at her for a minute. He couldn't believe this beautiful woman was back in his life and how lucky he was that she still cared for him.

"You're beautiful." Alan whispered

Ellie closed her eyes and shook her head indicating he was wrong.

"Open your eyes so I know you can hear me." Alan laughed. How could she not believe him?

Ellie opened her eyes and looked at him.

"Beautiful." He whispered again smiling at her.

Ellie smiled, she hadn't had anyone look at her like that in years. She pulled Alan closer to her and kissed him again.

Later.

Alan and Ellie were both lying tangled in the sheets looking at each other.

"Remind me to thank Ian when we see him later"

Alan smiled at Ellie; he couldn't quite believe what just happened between them.

"Alan......shhhhh...." Ellie laughed as she kissed him again.

"Do we have to leave later on?" Alan said, playing with her hand in his.

"What do you mean?" Ellie smillied at Alan. She knew what he ment. She had wanted this for so long she didn't want to leave the bed.

"Why can't we just close the door and forget what's going on in the world and stay right here?"

"I know what you mean, but Alan...." Ellie sat up slightly leaning over Alan, her blonde hair draping down the side of her face.

"This was amazing. But we have to stop BioSyn, you know we do, but after we stop BioSyn we have all the time in the world to do this again." Ellie kissed Alan.

Alan sighed.

"You're right, as always." Alan stroked her face.

Ellie laid her head on Alan's chest.

"Nobody said saving the world would be easy" Ellie took Alan's hand and intertwined it with hers.

"True, we should get some sleep, we gotta be at the airport for 10am check in and everything"

Alan kissed her again as she closed her eyes to sleep. He laid there, his arms around her. He didn't think his life would get any better but then there she was back in his life like a whirlwind. He closed his eyes and fell asleep.

Alan woke early, the sun peaking through the curtains. Ellie was still sleeping on his chest. He looked at his watch at 8:30am. He gently woke Ellie.

"Hey sweetheart we need to get sorted"

Ellie opened her eyes and looked up at Alan.

"Morning honey" Alan smiled down at Ellie

She gave him a quick kiss as they both sat up and got sorted for the morning.

Alan went into the lounge and made them both a coffee and Ellie was freshening up in the bathroom. She came into the lounge area to see Alan making the coffee. She was shocked he still knew how she liked it.

"Coffee, cream and 1 sugar" Alan handed her the mug smiling.

"Thank you."

"Right, do you have everything?" Ellie asked as she saw Alan packing his rucksack.

"Yeah, pretty certain. How about you?" Alan said as he zipped up the last of his things.

"Bags ready to go on the bed" Ellie finished her coffee and went to grab her bag. She opened the side pocket and pulled out the amber ring Alan had given her.

She remembered the day she took it off. Mark had said some horrible things to her and told her to get rid of the ring before he did. She pretended to throw it away and she managed to hide it at her office along with a photo of her and Alan. She put the ring on and left the bedroom.

She saw Alan by the door ready waiting for her. Alan smiled when he noticed the ring on her finger. He didn't say anything. He didn't need to as Ellie saw his face. she looked at him.

"We go out that door together and come back together right?" Ellie started to realise how dangerous this mission was actually going to be, and for the first time it worried her.

"Together always" Alan took her hand, and gave her a kiss before opening the door. They left the hotel room hand in hand.

After checking out they left for the airport to catch their plane to the BioSyn facility.