Bunny

Wei Ying was 10 years old when he lost both of his parents. Leaving only him in this cold and dark world. His parents were traveling to Europe on their private jet plane. There was malfunction in the engine which causes to crash the plane. They never make it to their destination .

Wei Ying vividly remember that day, he was planting in his garden outside the mansion when the man who represented himself as a police officer came to report the case. His Nanny whole demeanor changes. She asked him to water the farthest plants so he can't eavesdrop the conversation. Wei ying knew something was wrong when he saw his Nanny weeping. He tries to read the shape of mouth of officer who were talking to Nanny and he feels chills when he read the word DEATH.

After handling while funeral process he was sent to Wen Orphanage. His parents were very generous people. They made lots of donation to temple, poor people and specifically donate big chunks of money on lots of Orphanage. One of them being Wen Orphanage.

Due to Wei Ying parents generous act he got a privilege to have single room with double bed whereas other kids share with 5-6 kids in one room. When he was new he got pick by bully and give him hard time to settle there.

But he never have a problem to make a friend due to outgoing personality. The staff were impressed that after his week arrival he was even friends with his bully. He settle there nicely and accepted that his parents aren't coming back even he cried himself to sleep every night. He's the child that no one can hate. You can say he got everyone wrapped on his pinky finger.

The staff was short in the place, the kids learnt to be independent in the chores.It was just a regular day for him when he got called in the office of Director.

The day before that, the director told him that two new kids are going arrive tomorrow and he need his help to show around the orphanage. When he went inside the office he was greet by the Director warm smile and the back of two boys. One of them looked back to see the new arrival. He throw his sheepish smile. Director introduced them as LAN brother. Younger one Lan Wangji, 9 years old and oldest one Lan Xichen, 12 years old.

Xichen offer him smile and Wangji didn't even looked at him. His eyes were bore into the bunny plushie that he's holding on his chest. No one has to tell what happened with the brothers. He understood it that they are here for the same reason like him. He feels for them after all he's been through that.

He introduce himself. The Director ask him to give a tour to newly arrived brother. Both brothers stood up and follow Wei ying.

Him being chatty, talk through all the time while showing the orphanage. Only Xichen answer him with nod and smile. Lan zhan head down, eyes bore into the floor still not letting his bunny go.

The brothers were assigned in different room. Xichen being older get room with older kids. But the problem was Lan zhan. They don't have any empty bed for him in the Junior room.

So the director requested Wei ying if he's okay sharing room with newly arrive kid. Wei Ying was delighted that he's gonna have room mate. Too young to understand his privileges.

One of the kids form older room asked Xichen to tag along so that he can show him where all the stuffs are. Lan zhan panicked and grabbed his brother sleeves. "Wangji everything will be alright. Uncle is coming to pick us up. Till then we have to live here. Wei ying will show your room. I'll meet you in dinning table during Dinner time." Lan zhan weakly nod his head and slowly let go of his brother sleeve. Tears started to welled up in his eyes.

" Wangji hang in here only for week! After that I promise we'll go back to our house."

" Will mom and dad will be there?" This time he looked up. Xichen eyes became glossy. He shake his head.

" Mom and dad they are with God. They are not coming back. But it's okay your Gege is here and I promise I'll never leave you alone. NEVER!"

" Promise?" He bring his pinky finger forward.

" Promise." Xichen lock their pinkies together. Lan zhan looked up at his brother face to see if he's lying but calm down when he saw how determined his brother look.

Wei ying has never seen Lan zhan full face. But When he saw full Lan zhan face he feel someone knocked air out of him. He noticed Lan zhan got long eye lashes, the pouty lips and chubby cheeks is enough for him to protect lan zhan all the time. He got lost in Lan zhan beauty didn't even realize Lan zhan was calling for him.

" Our Room?"

Wei ying like the word Our being connected between them. He happily show them their room. Wei ying offer him lower bed knowing they Lan zhan was scare of height. Officially requested by Xichen.

The orphanage hold more kids that their capacity. When it's time for meal the older gets to finished their meal first in dining room for 30 minutes. Lan zhan trail behind Wei Ying who keep ranting about how good he's in math and how much he love teasing and making kids cry. They were inside the cafeteria. When he didn't heard Lan zhan footsteps trail after him, he looked to see no one was following him. He found Lan zhan in their room on the bed.

" What happened?"

" Too many people."

Wei ying sat next to him. He was about to comment  something than he heard a growl escaping from Lan zhan stomach.

" Stay here I'll get you something to eat."

" But you said that if he miss our meal time we won't eat anything till next meal time?"

" Hmm... but I have a very good relationship with cook. She sometimes give a leftover food without everyone knowing.  Be back in 5 minutes!"

" Okay!"

He  did came back in 5 minutes with two pork stream buns. He gave both to Him . Which Lan zhan insisted to share.Friends always share Wei Ying, comment which bring him immense joy.

Wei ying told all the funny adventures to Lan zhan from cheating in his badminton game with younger kids to his recent act how he played a prank on the chef. Which brought up big smile on Lan zhan face.

Lan zhan has never met anyone one like Wei Ying   who's smart, funny and crazy. Wei ying who brought a smile on his face which was rare. And he like being in friend with him. They are both happy that they found each other in their darkest time.

So was  Wei ying going to tell Lan zhan that he stole the buns from the kitchen? NOPE....

"What's your bunny name?"

"Bunny!"

" No, What's the real name?"

" Wei ying his name is Bunny! Did you also think it's weird?"

" No! No! Well I like it how you use the real name instead of giving the bunny human name. I never like those people." He crosses his arm on his chest and shake his head.

AS if he didn't name the Orphanage newly puppy name STELLA but was he going to tell Lan zhan? NOPE!!!!!