4

Emmett's pov
Jasper and I share a mate...interesting. I had to be able to talk to her so I purposely bumped into her. She's beautiful. Absolutely stunning, actually. I don't care that she's human. She's mine. She's made to be mine and jaspers and she will be. If she's okay with it. I heard what she said to Jessica. We all did. It's quite amusing. She's very sassy and headstrong it seems. I yearn to be beside her as I sit through science bored. I listen to her and jasper talk in history. She certainly didn't hold back with that teacher...hot.

Her heartbeat soothes my yearning for her. And it seems her scent makes it possible for jasper to be able to breathe without issue. She runs warm. Very warm for what's normal. Is she part tribe? Her last name is Kyle...it's not a tribe last name so who knows? I stand as the bell rings and I stand behind Phoenix and she turns around from her locker and bumps into me. She chuckles "we have to stop meeting like this emmett" the way my name sounds falling from her lips drives me insane.

I chuckle "so you'd like to meet another way?" She replies "what if I do?" Chewing on her lip. Fuck. "Then id tell you I'm down...and ask for your number" "in that case I do" she smiles. Gorgeous. I smile and hand her my phone our hands brushing against one another's and she hands me her phone and we exchange numbers I set my name as "bulky one" and she chuckles reading it and I see her name in my phone as "Nix"

Cute. I ask "what's your next class beautiful?" "Mechanics" she replies and I smile "me too. I'm surprised...no other female seems to be taking the class" "there's a first for everything" she replies. I ask "how are you liking forks so far?" "I missed it. I used to live here when I was younger. Being in florida sucked" she replies "why?" I ask. "It's hot. I was suffering in that heat" she replies and I chuckle "now you'll be cold" she replies "doubt it"

She asks "where'd you move from? You moved right?" "Yes we did...Alaska we were visiting family" i reply. I hold the door open for her "gorgeous ladies first" with a smile and it makes her blush. We find a seat and I ask "you're living with the swans right?" She nods "Bella's my best friend and Charlie is my godfather" I want to ask about her parents but it's not my place to invade her privacy like that. We're told to put together a engine and we are given parts and start working. She goes to lift a heavy part and I take it "I got it don't hurt yourself gorgeous" she nods looking a bit confused. Most likely wondering how I can lift something like this,

I ask "how did you get into cars? It's not exactly a female dominated activity...especially here girls here would rather be caught dead then know the ins and outs of an engine" she chuckles "I've always liked cars. My father taught me everything I know. From oil changes, to fixing the engine, to body work. He taught me it. He ran a little shop here and in florida..." I smile "sounds like you two are close" she nods "yeah...we were" her dad died. That much I can gather. Though I think the same happened to her mother or she's just not around. That's the only reason I can think of why she's not living with her mother but with her god father.

"What about you?" She asks and I shrug "it's something I found myself being able to pick up and like, besides sports and video games" she asks "video games?" I question "you play?" As we work seemingly in a perfect groove together. "Yes" she replies and....whoever decides about mates picked a perfect one for me. I don't think she can get any more perfect.

"What do you play?" "Call of duty, racing games." She replies and I smile "me too! I'd love to play against you" she smiles a small smile "I'd like that" my eyes meet hers and all we can do is stare heatedly and then the teacher comes over "good work so far" making us snap out of it. I ask "where'd you get your car? Saw it when you arrived" she nods "it was passed down. My dad gave it to me when I got my license" she misses him and I can tell. I wonder how long it's been since she lost him or them. I nod "it's a beauty" "it's a bitch to fix though" she chuckles. Yeah, I gathered. The parts needed for the car are older. So they'll cost more to get. We spend the rest of the period goofing off telling eachother more about one another. Soon the class is over and I say "hey" and she turns to me and I cup her face and wipe the bit of grease off her cheek "there" I mutter our faces close. She moves a little bit away "thanks emmett" I say "let me walk you to your car?" She nods "sure"