32

Emmett's pov
I 'wake' beside her a few days later and smile. She's in a deep sleep. She definitely needs it. I kiss her head and we get ready and we leave a note saying we went out to see if we have anything to worry about with Laurent having come to get Bella. Really we go to the cemetery and find Killian Kyles and Charlotte Kyles graves. The family saw it fit to have the burial here. Where they loved and created our mate and were happiest.

"Hey uh Killian. You don't know us and unfortunately you won't. Though we wish we could change that. I'm emmett cullen. And that's my adopted brother Jasper hale" I start awkwardly talking to nothing. Jasper speaks "we're in love with your daughter. I'm sure you're lookin over her and know everything. But uh...we want to get your blessin to make her our wife Killian....so uh...I don't know. Show a sign if it's a yes?" A wind blows. We look at one another and smile. We both say "we swear we're going to take good care of your little girl." And pat their headstones. A call comes through my phone. It's Alice "you're going to propose to Phoenix!" I chuckle "yeah...we love her alice" she says "ahh we're getting a new sister! It's going to be perfect I can see it!" And she hangs up. Okay?

We chuckle at our sisters antics and head to the swan residence. We walk in like we do usually. Chief swan really does like us and is happy we're with us. I've taken up to watching the games with him from time to time.
"Emmett! Jasper!" He says with a smile seeing us. He asks "where's Phoenix" I reply "in bed. But Charlie we'd like to talk to you about something" he nods "she's not pregnant is she?" We chuckle "no she's alright. She's just tired"

In more ways than one. He furrows his eyebrows "alright what do you want to talk about?" Jasper says "we love Phoenix very dearly. And I know you may think we're young, but-" he doesn't get to finish his sentence "yes." I say "you don't even know what-" he cuts me off "you're asking to marry her right?" We nod and he smiles "you have my blessing sons. She's never been this way with anyone. I haven't seen her happy in a while before you two came into her life. And she's changed in ways I never thought she would with what she's been through." We smile "thank you Charlie" "has she been to visit the graves?" He asks and we shake our heads "we did to...ask for permission in a way" jasper says.

He nods "do you have a ring?" I nod and take it out. He asks "what is is?" "Our family crest. Everyone has one and we thought it'd be appropriate for her to have it in the form of the wedding ring." He nods "she'll love it" handing it back. He asks "how do you plan on asking?"

Jasper says "she's not huge on big gestures. So maybe something small and not huge for the sake of her?" He nods "whatever it is I'm sure she'd love it" I nod and we hug charlie and head back home to see her cooking. We each kiss a cheek of hers "smells good princess" she smiles "thanks" jasper says "go sit I got this Darlin." She tells him "I'm just about to finish its fine" she finishes the food and she gasps dropping a cup. We rush over and jasper cups her face "Darlin? Darlin? What did you see?" She snaps out of it and says "Bella" leaving we follow her "princess what is going on!" "She jumped off a cliff!" She says running.

We can't follow her. She's on their land. Fuck!

Phoenix's pov
I find her and Jacob and I snap "move!" I use my power and remove the water from her lungs making her choke. I snap "what the hell were you thinking?!" She pants "I was cliff diving" I snap "are you fucking crazy?! You're a human! You're lucky you didn't fucking die from the fall or freeze to death! Jesus fucking Christ Bella!" She hugs me "I'm okay" "never do something like that again" I beg her. She nods "promise"

We head to her place and I see my boys and they hug me "are you alright?" I nod "I'm okay. So is she thankfully" they glare jacobs way. We all go inside and I ask Bella "are you sure you're okay" I hear Jacob answer the phone. Shit. Bella goes off on him because it was Edward. We share a look. Soon alice gets here and urges for Bella to go with her to save Edward from the volturi. I hold Jacob against the wall "she doesn't want you. Let her go." Emmett grabs me "alice we'll be at the house let us know how everything goes." I tell them "I'm going with Bella" they say "absolutely not!" "I can't leave her to run into volterra alone! She needs all the protection she's going to get" I say. They grab me "absolutely not! If the volturi finds out of your powers and how you are they won't rest until they have you. Or they'll see you as a threat and hurt you" "they can't hurt me but they can hurt her. She's my family just like you two. I can't possibly lose her too. Come with or stay. I'm going" I say getting in the car they sigh and join us.