34

Phoenix's pov
We told everyone we're getting married and everyone's happy. Bella is my maid of honor of course. We're doing slight planning now, to Alice's dismay. There's weird disappearances happening and it's getting worse and worse. Turns out edward is begging Bella to marry him. But she wants to be turned. It's a weird situation between them, and at this point I'll just bite her myself if he doesn't stop whining about it.

People at school talk about the ring. Some think they're marrying me because I'm knocked up. Which is funny considering they don't know that we're dead. Jessica is still intolerable when it comes to my relationship. I've used the wind more times than not to knock her over. And I bump into her and electrocute her slightly blaming it on static friction. The boys think it's funny.

I'm walking with a cup when I gasp and drop it seeing Victoria with the army. She wants my head and the boys and Bella's and edwards. She's hiding in the shadows but I can see her. She doesn't know what I can do and how advanced I am. So she thinks she's safe. "Darlin? Darlin? Look at us. Hey. Hey." I snap out of it seeing the boys and the family looking at me worried. "Victoria...she's turning people so she can have an army to hurt me, Jasper, emmett, Edward and Bella for what happened with james" alice shakes her head "I've been looking at her decisions"

I tell them "she's hiding in your blind spots, telling Riley biers what to do so it seems like he's deciding. It's her" "do you know when they are coming?" Carlisle asks and I try and see but they haven't decided yet. I shake my head and clean up the mess. "We need to be prepared though. I need to get my uncle Charlie out of town. She might pull what she did with my parents with him." I stress. "Hey princess. Look at me" emmett says. I do and he strokes my cheeks "everything will be okay. Charlie will be okay. Don't stress about this okay? We won't let her hurt anyone or you" I nod and he kisses my forehead.

Jasper sends me waves of calmness and he says "we're going to handle this" I nod and tell Edward "take Bella to see Renee. Get her out of here I don't care how you do it. But she can't be here" he nods "of course" I walk out to the balcony and rosalie follows "hey rose" I greet.

She sends me a smile "you know you don't have to carry every little thing on your shoulders" "it's what I do. Force of habit" I sigh. She asks "why?" I chuckle "I lost my family. It's still something I haven't fully processed or mourned. I've been so...terrified to lose anyone else that I just...shouldered all the negatives to protect whoever I have left so that I don't lose them too. Peoples come and go. Some even telling me they'd be here forever. I got used to people leaving. Bella and her family and now yours are all I have. So when things get rough...I just revert to absorbing the negative to keep things okay so another person or people don't leave"

She just hugs me. She tells us "I'm sorry I didn't stay. Edward thought it best for us to go. And because we're a family....where one goes we follow" "that's a bullshit way to live" I mutter. She chuckles "we're here to stay. For real this time. And jasper and emmett... they're not going anywhere you don't want to. They're yours forever" I smile. "Rose?" I ask. And she asks "yeah?" "Do you want to be my maid of honor as well?" I ask. She smiles "it'd be my honor" hugging me. She asks "have you ever wanted to be a mother?"

I shrug "I never thought about it much. Never was one to settle down before emmett and jasper. Time to time I'd see my mother and how she was with me. She had the patience of a saint. And often I'd think to myself that I'll be like her one day...so I guess so? Dwelling on it isn't something I want to do though. Knowing that it's impossible now. And I'm grateful in a way that Victoria bit me. If it didn't happen I wouldn't be who I'm truly meant to be." She notes "you have a good head on your shoulders. You adapt quickly as well" I shrug "I moved around a lot. Had to start over a lot. It only got worse after they died and people would find out how they died and accuse me of their murder." She touches my shoulder "you didn't deserve that. No one does" "thank you" I mutter.

"You're going to fulfill your revenge and it's going to be sweet. And then you'll let those walls down and mourn properly" she vows. I tell her "it's almost been a full year since then. It's weird to think about" she tells me "it gets better in time. But first you have to mourn and stop absorbing the negative and putting it on your shoulders" I nod and ask "how did you turn?"

She says "you haven't dug into my memories?" "No. I wouldn't do that especially when it's sensitive" I reply and she tells me the whole story. My heart breaks for her. I smile hearing how she killed him in the wedding dress. I hug her "no one's going to hurt you again rose" she smiles "thank you"