💭Somebody That I Used To Know 💭

Kurogiri sighed as he watched Shoto walk back into his room, not a word having been spoken in his rare 2-minute visit out of his room.

It scared the nomu to see the peppermint boy so aloof, the villains having broken his stone-cold facade months ago. Seeing him with his walls up and blocking out everyone else made Kurogiri wonder what had happened for the boy to act like this.

It was even worse that both Toga and Shigaraki were currently on a mission to somewhere in a different state, the 17-year-old teen being the closest to her fellow teenager and the shaggy-haired man child of 19 being the boy's boyfriend. With Toga and Shigaraki gone, there was no one who Kurogiri would be able to send over to the teen without it being uncomfortable.

Of course, there was Dabi, the cremation villain being fairly close with the dual-quirked boy.

The problem with Dabi, though, was that it seemed that Shoto was being the coldest to the scarred villain.

This didn't deter Dabi though, as Kurogiri figured out right then.

"Dabi?" the misty villain asked, not exactly raising an eyebrow but widening one yellow eye slightly.

Dabi looked up from where he was, clearly about to go to Shoto's room.

"Yes?"

"You're going to shoto right?" the young adult only nodded looking vaguely uncomfortable.

Kurogiri just nodded.

"Ask him what's wrong, okay," he said. "Remind him that he can talk to us. "

Dabi shrugged nonchalantly before making his way to Shoto's room.

Kurogiri sighed, turning his attention to the pile of dirty dishes.

He stared at it for a while.

Logically he knew that if he didn't do it there was a fat chance that no one would. But, like, he didn't want to.

He groaned slowly making his way to the sink.

°°°

Dabi was determined to get to the end of this. He was sick of shoto cutting him and the rest of the league out and he was hoping that after a good talk shoto would just tell him what was wrong.

Once he reached the badly painted door he was tempted to barge in and demand the teen tell him what was wrong.

But he also knew how stupid of an idea that would be.

So instead he gently knocked on the door before stepping in and closing the door, resisting the urge to leave it wide open to be annoying.

Shoto was lying down, AirPods in, on his side against the mattress.

Dabi took in a breath before carefully taking a seat next to the teen, making sure not to sit on his peppermint hair.

"Hey there Sho. What's wrong? How come you're so quiet?" he asked.

The boy only shook his head, turning away from the elder villain.

Dabi frowned, moving the boy's face with his scarred hands. Apparently, this had been the wrong thing to do as Shoto shot up from his bed, the single airpod in his right ear falling out sharply.

"Do-don't touch me!" he exclaimed, moving up off of the bed.

Dabi growled under his breath, slightly annoyed.

"Why'd you gotta cut me out? Why do you gotta move away like there's nothing wrong?" he asked, dimly aware that he was probably being a little unfair to the younger boy.

Despite this, he continued to push. "Look, I'm not asking for you to tell me everything. I just want an idea of what I or the rest of the league did wrong. It hurts, you know. When you just ignore me like you don't exist. "

Shoto glared at him harshly. "Oh really now?" he asked sarcastically, turning back towards dabi. "Do you wanna know what actually hurts? When you stooped so dam low. That time years ago when you had Keigo, just a little fletching in the HSPC, grab all of the records that spoke of you and burn them right away. When you faked your death and escaped. When you left us to wait for you. Wait for you to come back wondering where the hell we went wrong! That is what hurts Dabi. Or should I say Touya!" he practically spat out.

"o-oh. " was all the raven-haired villain could get out.

He knew. He knew. He knew. Oh, schist he knew.

"Yeah oh." and with that, Shoto lay back down facing away from Dabi, a tear running down his right cheek, before changing course, down his philtrum and onto his scarred cheek.

"How- how did you find out?" Dabi asked.

"Had a dream 'bout you standin' up for me. Asked 'yumi to send me old pictures of you. Didn't take much convincing. Figured it out pretty quick."

The younger of the two answered in a mumble, face smooshed into his cat squashmallow, Gandalf.

"I-im so sorry for not telling you. I- I know I should have as soon as you properly joined the league. I just- I had to leave. I- I'm sorry- I just-" Dabi found himself to be a stumbling mess, something that had not happened in a very long time.

"No i- I get it. I'm sorry for lashing out like that. You just wanted to escape. But- but why didn't you tell me once I joined the league?" They both hated how Shoto's voice sounded. It was so meek and sad.

"I just- I guess I just didn't want you to judge me for leaving. I didn't want to hurt you I guess."

Shoto scoffed bitterly. "That's like cheating on a partner. 'Yeah, I didn't tell you I was cheating because I didn't wanna hurt you.' It's absolute schist."

"I know Shoto. I'm really really sorry for keeping all of this from you. I promise from now on I'll try my best to be a better...brother."

Shoto nodded into his plushie but didn't reply for a while until...

"Can you hug me? Please?" Dabi probably would have cried if he could.

As it was, he could feel a spike in his small heart.

"Oh shoto; you don't even need to ask."

Yo I know I said I wouldn't update I probably should be doing my essay but like, I needed to finish this. I think I actually quite like this even if it strayed from the song pretty quick. Btw I have so many dam reads. Like how? I am so thankful to everyone. Btw, please go and check out my new-ish book. It's a bunch (2 so far) of Kageyama one-shots and I would love for you to have a read. Also, I was rereading my stories to check the grammar and stuff again and like, why the hell are some of them so good. Like I genuinely enjoyed reading some of these one-shots. How? I hated them then. Why are they good now? Answers, please.

1159 words

Info~

Song- somebody that I used to know by Gotye

Theme- angst

Request- none

AU- villain todoroki AU

Nice dabi AU