Chapter 13

-Chapter 13-

☆-[•●•]-☆

"Alright, everyone, good work!" Takeda said. "Thank you!"

"As I mentionend, tomorrow there will be inspections in the gym, so there will be no club activities. You've all gone a long time without a break, so please enjoy it."

Tsukishima walked home alone since Yamaguchi told him that he needed to ask Shimada something regarding his practice with him. Yamaguchi at first, dismissed it but Tsukishima just told him to just go.

Tsukishima then heard footsteps behind him as if someome was running towards him. He freaked out a bit and stopped but the footsteps continued. He was about to run when they called his name. "Keii!!"

Tsukishima then fully stopped before turninh around to see Tsuchiya running towards him before stopping right infront of him and pants. "Uhm.. Tsuchiya-san.."

"I.. I'm soorry-!" Tsuchiya managed to blurt out. Tsukishima was taken aback and just decided to wait if Tsuchiya wanted to say more. "I.. I think, I'm being too overprotective.. and didn't even gave it a thought whether you can do it by yourself or not.. I've done nothing but meddle in you guys' lives." Tsuchiya stood straight. "Knowing you, I probably annoyed you to the point of you hating me. I just.. that ball was flying towards you at full speed, figuring a slight pain could hurt you, my body acted on its own. Just as you said, you could've handled it on your own, but any slight of pain on your face is probably enough to make me snap." Tsuchiya rubbed the back of his head.

Tsukishima doesn't know how to react at the sudden apology but, "Yeah, you are indeed annoying that pisses me off a lot. You're too overprotective for godsake," Tsuchiya felt another batch of arrows piercing him through his chest.

"But.. it's probably not just me but.. I'm sure the others are grateful for you being so watchful and caring, there's probably noone who would think and act that way. If you ever thought of changing yourself, wouldn't there be anyone who'll miss the old you? Do you want that, Tsuchiya-san?" Tsukishima asked. Tsuchiya then thought about it before smiling back at Tsukishima.

"Alright. Thanks, Kei."

"Also, why are you the one being apologetic when I'm the one who spoke disrespectfully and being ungrateful? You're truly an idiot, Tsuchiya-san." Tsukishima squinted his eyes at Tsuchiya as if he's judging him. "Wha-"

"Haa.. actually, hold on.." Tsukishima was rummaging through his bag and pulled out something. It was the same oatmeal bar he gave to him back then at the shed, the night before they first faced off Nekoma.

"Oh.. that.."

Tsukishima pushed it forward towards Tsuchiya, who was shocked a bit when Tsukishima bowed at him as he apologizes. "I am sorry for my rude remarks back then, Tsuchiya-san."

"A-A-ano.. how do I put this.. um-! It's alright! It's not that much of a big deal to me, really! Yeah, so please raise your head.." Tsuchiya sweatdropped and panicked a little. Tsukishima did as told and Tsuchiya took the oatmeal bar.

He hald unwrapped the bar so he could hold it still and pushed it towards Tsukishima. "Have a bite."

"Wha- no. I gave it to you so have it to yourself."

"I don't want to eat it alone as we go."

"Fine.. knowing you'll still insist, just one bite." Tsukishima leans down to take a bite when Tsuchiya suddenly pulls the food away from him, making Tsukishima eat air instead.

"You're the worst."

"Ahahah-! The one and only. Here, have a bite for real now." Tsukishima having none of this, he held Tsuchiya's hand in place and quickly took a bite. He then realized that he was being bold as he took his hand in his in place. Tsukishima quickly retracted.