The reminder you both needed

Sarah pushed Cate aside with full force. They're both topless which made you boil in anger even more. Despite that, you kept your composure and dragged yourself out of that trailer. Sarah quickly dressed herself and went after you.

Sarah: Darling, please!!

You act as if you didn't hear anything, 'cause you didn't. Everything was hazy now. What you just witnessed made you want to puke and kill yourself at the same time.

Sarah: Y/N sweetie, please. Stop! Listen to me for a second.

You froze on your steps with your back still on her. She gain your distance and quickly wrapped you around her arms.

You: Get. Your. Filthy hands. Away. From. Me.
Sarah: Y/N pleasseeee, just listen to me for a second.

You slowly faced her. And there it was, the guilty look on Sarah's face. She was full of tears and absolutely wrecked.

You: I'm only gonna ask two questions. First, did you enjoy Cate?
Sarah: That's not the point! It's----
You: Answer me.

In the most hesitant way, Sarah answered, "I did. But---"

You: And were you gonna have sex if I didn't arrive?

Sarah burst into tears as she said "YES."

You: Then we're done here. I'm leaving the house tonight so I'm gonna need to ask you to stay a little longer in your trailer while I pack my things there. It wouldn't be long. And it's not like you're gonna be lonely anyway. Good bye, Sarah.

You walked out of the set so fast you didn't even notice the whole crew looking at the scene you two just made. What the hell just happened?

----------------
As soon as you arrived at the house, you took a good look at it and stumbled in your way in. You've been holding your tears all the way and you couldn't bear it any longer. Why did she do that? You asked yourself.
You never expected this kind of thing, especially from Sarah and Cate. You know they're close but you never thought it'd ever come to that point. Cate has a family and as far as you know, she and Andrew are doing well. How did this happen? Who initiated the whole thing? Does that even matter?

After only about 10 minutes, a car pulled into your drive way and you knew immediately that it was Sarah, determined to change your mind. You collected yourself so quickly, it even surprised you. It's a wonder how tough a person can become after being penetrated with inexplicable pain. You went to the closet to pack your things.

Sarah entered the house calling out your name, so loudly it woke the entire neighborhood. She proceeded upstairs and saw you shoving your clothes inside a luggage.

Sarah: Please, Y/N. Pleaseeee, just listen to me for a second. Please.
You: You have nothing to explain. I saw it. This is gonna be the easiest break up in the entire history.
Sarah: No no no no no! No one's breaking up.
You: Then what do you want? You want me during the weekdays and Cate during the weekends?
Sarah: I don't want Cate! I want you!
You: According to what I saw an hour ago, that wasn't the case.

You proceeded to put your things in the luggage, while Sarah made herself busy at taking them out.

You: Have you any idea how hard it was for me? It's been 2 months and I needed you. You even called me this morning saying the exact same thing and now I see you sucking Cate's tits? Don't make a fool out of me.
Sarah: I AM NOT! I know, I made a mistake and I'm sorry. It's just a one time thing and it's never gonna happen again I promise. Please, please, don't leave me.

She said these while crying and clutching on your clothes. She's down on the floor, kneeling beneath you while you're doing the same thing you did earlier.

Sarah: Please, Y/N. I'm sorry. I won't do it again. If you want me to avoid Cate, I will. Just please, let me fix this.
You: You don't understand. I'm not asking you for anything. I'm breaking up with you.
Sarah: No!!!
You: Yes, I am.

Tears are falling from both of you now. A scene you never thought would happen. Never in your wildest dreams did you ever thought that Sarah would cheat on you.

Sarah: I'm not gonna let you leave.
You: You know, I never would've pegged you as a liar.

With that, Sarah was stunned and she was stuck in her tracks.

Sarah: I know I made a mistake. I'm aware of that. But do you know what I was thinking while I was driving on my way here? I didn't think about me, or of Cate, or of anyone else who saw us arguing on the set, or what the tabloids would say. I don't give a fuck about any of that! I thought of you, and how life is gonna be without you. You're all I have, Y/N. I can't do it. I need you. You know me better than I know myself and I'd be ruined without you.

You couldn't believe how much those words cut into you. Is this real? Are you really leaving her? You realized that what she just said is exactly the same feeling you've been supressing the entire time. You were too angry to think about your love for Sarah, but you do. You still do. And you'll love Sarah Paulson until your final breath.

You: Then why did you do it?
Sarah: I was weak. I needed you and you weren't there and I know that's not an excuse because it's my fault. I've ever been separated with you this long and everything happened so quickly. I was tired and everything. This probably doesn't explain anything at all but I promise you, this will never happen again.

Your tough exterior turned pale and soft as Sarah cupped your face while wiping your tears. Her words penetrated in you. You felt the sincerity. This is the woman you loved for decades, and spent every waking moment since 7 years ago. The woman you saw yourself spending your final days with. You love her. YOU REMEMBERED.

You pulled her closer to a passionate kiss, and the smudge of tears and mascara painted both your faces. Nothing matters more now than to have her in your arms. She's yours. She made a mistake, but she's yours. You're not gonna give up the life you have just because she slipped one time.

You: I'm never gonna leave you again. Ever.
Sarah: This will never happen again Y/N. I promise.

And you held each other close for what seemed like eternity, and made love like you never had before. You remembered. Sarah Paulson is yours, and you're hers. Forever.