°~/| 1 |\~°

He looked up at the sky enjoying the mesmerizing sunset. He enjoyed it a lot and looking at it make his pain less obvious. Although it still existed deep within him.

He shook his head as the wind threw hair onto his face.

He stiffened up when he heard familiar footsteps approaching.

He had studied countless footsteps and now he can recognize anybody's as long as he met them few times before. It was the golden haired traveler and Paimon.

The way he knew it was him was when he walked was because the oh so well known by now travel had clothing that when the clothing rubbed against itself it made a very specific noise. It sounded like the clothing texture was slippery and uncomfortable to the touch. Yet he knew that wasn't the truth. And his shoes on the other hand always made a slight clink when he walked. Something similar when you hear someone walking in heels.

And another thing anywhere he went there was Paimon. She made sparkling noises that were sharp to the ear and easily recognizable.

Same with the pace. Traveler's steps were always slow. As if he didn't have a single care in the world. This always made the adeptus question his reason. Yet he knew that he didn't even know what it was.

Also due to Xiao's sharp senses smell also played a big part in recognizing.

Aether often smelt like rain and blood. Sometimes different flowers or ore's (some actually had a specific scent only able to be detected by the adepti or those with amazing smell).

He colud easily tell what Aether had previously done yet he never said so or mentioned himself being able to do so. And it wasn't that he was sniffing the traveler. He couldn't help but smell him. Sometimes he hated himself for behind gifted with such amazing abilities. Especially when faced with sea food. He has the disliking after his mentor who has long passed since then. At least long ago for him.

He didn't dare to turn around but he crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes readying himself to hear the squeaky voice of the traveler's companion.

"Xiaooo! Oh he's here-!"

He sighed already preparing for the headache. He looked over his shoulder and saw the travel finally making it up the steps carefully trying not to trip with the treat he prepared for the yaksha.

"Hi Xiao thought I'd drop by... I brought some tofu- want some?"

He lifted his eyebrow in question and looked at the bowl he was holding.

"Who am i to decline an offer such as this.. give it to me-"

"Wow forward much!"

"I didn't ask for your opinion you flying pretzel."

He said sternly.

He wasn't the person to normally be snappy like this but he's tired from fighting all the demons he's encountered today.

"Calm down Paimon he doesn't mean it- here."

He mumbled quickly to not upset Miss Goldet with a fight.

The yaksha made an intimidating face at Paimon and she squealed hiding behind Aether. The traveler retracted his hands giving Xiao a deadpan look.

"You brought this for me no? Then let me have it."

"Stop being so snappy at Paimon then."

"Fine-"

Aether extended his hands in his direction.

"No promises though.."

He said as he gripped onto the bowl. He tried taking it from him but was faced with the bowl still in his hands. He grumbled as tugged genetly taking him for an idiot who apparently didn't know that he's supposed to let go when he gives things to people.

Aether placed his hands on top of Xiao's and his mind became fuzzy.

Why was the travel acting so strange?

"You won't. That's a promise understood.?"

He said in a calm manner.

The adeptus face turned light pink due to him not being used to physical contact with others. Especially humans- mere mortals.

"I promise.."
--

A/n: Hi so what do y'all think? Making this as my Genshin updates to 2.7.I am hoping to get Xiao or Yelan. Or both- wolud be great.