°~/| 4 |\~°

A/n: You guys better be happy im writing this in class.
---
In reality after hearing Xiao- Aether couldn't help but feel a blush spreading across his face.
--

Wind blew past him and it made his hair a tangled mess. He was sitting on Mt. Hulao admiring the mesmerizing view. He exhaled closing his eyes and letting his mind be overtaken by wind.

A sudden smell interrupted him. It was the smell of mud and.. and then he heard that sparking noise.

His eyes shot open and his body twisted to face the traveler. A wide grin was spread across his face as he started at Xiao. His face twisted into confusion as the traveler walked closer to him and finally moved out of the sun enough so that he could see his mud covered clothing.

He had something in his hands it was making werid nosies.

"Hm.. no matter where i go you'll always find me."

"Not true! I was trying to do something then i noticed you sitting all alone- like always. But that's besides the point. I want to show you something."

He said sparklers appearing in his eyes. He nodded and Aether crouched down letting Xiao open his hands.

Xiao eyed him and his companion suspiciously slowly placing his hands on Aether's. He opened them very slowly and finally he heard a loud ribbit as the thing launched itself from his grasp and went straight onto Xiao's face.

He on the other hand wasn't as pleased and began screeching finally throwing the frog to the ground. He took of running and jumped onto a lone tree glaring at the frog that was now on top of a rock. It quickly dove into the small river that was flowing nearby and disappeared.

Xiao turned around laying on the branch and huffing showing his annoyance.

Aether chuckled and ran up to the tree only now realizing the height the branch was at. Xiao was really good at jumping huh..

Nonetheless Aether turned to Paimon and shushed her begging to climb up. Halfway he almost slipped and froze in shock trying not to disturb the already pissed of adeptus.

Finally he climbed up and was about to walk onto the brach Xiao was on when he tripped realizing his leg had gotten stuck.

He landed on the adeptus and their bodies clashed with eatch other roughly.

They both fell down and onto the soft grass. The adeptus had a visible scowl on his face. Aether had himself just above the beautiful yaksha when he opened his eyes his sharp look immediately turning soft when he noticed the traveler mere inches away from him.

His hand went to cup his cheek as he wiped of the mud.

Aether closed his eyes feeling his heart beating in his throat. When he felt the absence of Xiao's hand he opened his eyes and saw the adepti starting right into his soul. Both their faces went red and Xiao finally gained his courage back rolling them both. He was now the one on top and gave Aether one last glance before standing up and crossing his arms.

Aether laid there and lifted up his head seeing Paimon peeking from behind the tree.

She giggled and flew over her hand over her mouth trying to hide her obvious amusement.

Aether sat up scratching the back of his neck akwardly.

Xiao had his hand covering his mouth as his mind wondered back to the expression Aether made when he went in to clean the mud of off his cheek.

The sparkles in his eyes, his shallow breathing and most of all his quick heartbeat. But Xiao knew better than to give in to such human desires. Sure Aether was special in a way he couldn't explain but an adeptus more importantly a yaksha like him couldn't be with a mortal.

The fear of his karma affecting Aether made him sure enough.

Yet he saw the disappointment in his eyes.

He turned back to Aether who was looking at the mesmerizing view down below no longer paying any attention to him.

This made him a tad bit jelous and he walked over silently and sat by him observing the view.

"I get why you wolud come here.. it's beautiful."

"Yeah.."

"But not as beautiful as you inside out."

Xiao froze butterflies swarming his stomach as he gulped heat rising to his face.

He looked away hugging his knees. He felt a hand on top of his own and he felt the need to look at him.

"You want to know something..?"

"Sure why not."

"I can tell what you've done.."

"What...?"

"By the way you smell of course. I'm not all knowing calm down."

"Oh? What do i smell like?"

"Well.. you? You often smell like the rain fresh grass exactly. Oftentimes like blood or sometimes different ore's. Or even flowers."

"Ore's don't... Have a smell?"

"They do. I can tell you were mining some Core Lapis before. There's a faint smell.."

He said his nose twitching lightly.

"You... Yeah i was but still. Why?"

"Dunno just a thing i have."

"Let me try.."

"What?"

Aether turned to Xiao and placed his hands on his shoulders lowering his face to his neck.

Xiao froze up holding in his breath. He felt Aether's hit his neck. It made him feel werid. A feeling he couldn't describe yet again.

Aether backed up and thought for a while.

"You smell a lot like Glaze Lillie's.. blood too of course. Do you like them?"

"Um.. yeah i guess i do."

Aether smiled warmly tilting his head to the side.

"Go ahead."

"What.."

"I wanna know what i specifically smell like please."

"You're an extremely werid mortal..."

"That i am."

Xiao leaned towards Aether trying to figure out the smell. He huffed and leaned back.

"Sooo?"

"You smell like.. mud...a lot."

"I get it i fell into it big thing geez- what else?"

"Ore. And uhm.. what was the name.. like a mix of Windwheel Aster and Qingxin flowers."

"Cool! I picked some on my way here as for Windwheel's i keep them at my side because they're really pretty."

"Mhm.."

"Here have one."

He said reaching into the bag at his hip. He took out a red flower that looked like it was picked just a few hours ago.

Aether smiled and tucked the flower behind Xiao's ear. He smiled sweetly at him.

"You're really werid Aether.."

"Second time you've said that- but im glad im werid."

"What.."

"Well if i wasn't I'd be quite boring no?"

"Sort of? I still think you'd be interesting even if it weren't for you being werid. And it's not you that's werid but rather your actions."

"Oh? How so?"

"They confuse me sometimes.."