Dr. Y/n

You sat on the couch in Harveys apartment, his head rested on your lap as you looked down at the brunette. His face was flush from his high temperature, hair disheveled, eyes half lidded. Looking down at your boyfriend you let out a sigh as you poured a small cap of cough medicine, "I thought you were the doctor here Harv," He groaned in response and threw an arm over his forehead.

How was a man running a 103 degree temp still attractive? This man could be dying right now and he'd still be adorable while he did it. You laid a hand on his forehead and frowned, he was burning hot.

Earlier today the doctor had rejected your affections in fears of getting you sick. Turning away from kisses and not letting you hold his hand or cuddle him. It was a bit hard to not take it personally at first, but you soon realized that he was doing it for your own good.

"Why don't you eat something? It's 3 and I don't think you've eaten a single thing," he grimaced at the thought of food and groaned, sniffling as he spoke, "can I have some soup... please," you nodded and ran your fingers through his unkempt hair.

As you stood up, his head was displaced from your lap causing him to let out a small little whine. "How does chicken noodle sound my love?" Harvey lay on his back and looked up at the celling, he just gave an approving grunt in response.

Putting some broth to a boil you scrummaged around his pantry and fridge until you found what you needed. Dicing some chicken and tossing in the angel hair pasta you adding some seasoning. Harvey felt the heat course over his entire body, making him so dizzy. He unbuttoned a few buttons on his dress shirt and took off his glasses, feeling like they worsened his headache.

He had already ditched the green overcoat a few hours ago, so all 6 foot something of Harvey was lazily strewn about the couch. Limbs sprawled and chest exposed. After about 15 minutes you walked back over to the doctor with a bowl of homemade soup. You yourself felt you face flush with heat as you took in the sight that was Harvey.

How come you look like a dying creature whenever your sick and he looks so goddamn majestic? It's just not fair. You handed him the bowl and turned away, trying to hide your red cheeks. His voice was low and husky, but he managed to whisper, "Thank you y/n,"

You bit your lip and nodded, "you're welcome," you tilted your head asking gently, "do you need anything else?" Harvey sniffled and let out a low groan, "Can you get me an ice pack dear? Then you can go back to your daily business,"  you walked over to the fridge and sighed,

"Harv I'm staying here with you all day, my own boyfriend is more important than some plants without water," he frowned and looked up at you with glassy eyes. Placing the cloth wrapped ice pack on his forehead you sat on the small sliver of couch he wasn't occupying.

Immediately he placed a large hand on your thigh, not squeezing, just resting there. "I hope you feel better... it's a shame we'll have to reschedule our trip to Zuzu city ," Harvey sighed and placed his other arm behind his head, stretching out his stiff body. "We'll have a date night the second I'm feeling better okay hon?"

You looked down at the floor and leaned down to give him a kiss, it was quick and gentle and followed by immediate protest. His deep raspy voice cried, "what if you get sick," you giggled and responded, "Than I'll have a good reason to stay a few nights at the clinic,"

————

Sorry for a short chapter this one has been sitting as a draft since last January 👍