Im sorry| Harvey x Y/n

Today was a fairly easy day. I didn't have to water my crops due to the frequent showers the new season brought. I was able to forage some leeks and daffodils. But most of my day I spent sitting on the edge of the dock, chatting with Willy. I caught a few fish and sold them to him.

"Catch you later Y/n, nice chattin' with yeh," I smiled and pushed my h/c hair behind my ear. "Yeah! Thanks for keeping me company," I waved before turning around shouting, "Catch you later!"

Knowing where I was going I rummaged through my bag and found my perfume. There was no way I was going to smell like fish in front of my boyfriend! I spritzed it over my clothes and wrists. Stuffing it back in my bag I crossed the bridge and Emma's/Haley's house. The soles of my shoes clicked on the rocks paving the town square.

Letting myself into Harvey's office I turned to his desk to be shocked at what I saw. He had been crying earlier. I could tell. His eyes were puffy and red, his cheeks sticky and flush from. "H-harves?" I whispered, the tone of my voice saturated with sympathy and curiosity. He let out a heavy sigh and refused to meet my eyes. I walked down the hallway and stood behind him sitting on his chair.

Placing a comforting hand on his hair and ran my fingers on his scalp comfortingly. "Darling what's wrong?" Harvey sniffled and it broke my heart. I bent down and kissed his cheek. Whispering in his ear, "you can tell me anything my love,"

Harvey turned his head, our noses almost touching. It seemed like he spoke before his inner voice approved of it, like it just spilled out,

"I got a job in the city and I'm moving away next week,"

Harvey pov

I fought back my eyes watering, shoving down the pit of guilt in my stomach. I should've told her when I was offered the job. But I just couldn't. I was to much of a coward.

Y/n's face was a mix of shock and pain. She had no words, no clue of what to say. Her mouth opened, about to speak, before closing it again and looking down at the floor.  "Im so sorry Y/n... I just..." I choked down a whimper and swallowed hard.

Y/n looked up tears brining her eyes. I felt so horribly  guilty. Im why she's crying. It's my fault. "Harvey- I... why? Why didn't you tell me?" I truly didn't have an answer, but I spoke before I could say anything meaningful, "I didn't want to upset you,"

I could tell that response elicited anger. She choked out, "So you tell me a week before your leaving?!? Harvey I just don't have words! We've been together for 3 years! And your just up and leaving?" I looked away in shame. I felt like a goddamn child. "I couldn't tell you- but... I uhm," I know now isn't the time. But I had a feeling she wouldn't talk to me for a few days after this, even though we only have a week left.

"You- you could come with me," her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "Harvey I left the city for a reason," she paused before continuing, "I love you, deeply, but I don't know... if that's the life I want for me,"

I felt my heart cracking in half. This is gonna sound so selfish, "well... I've saved up some money- and the job I'm getting it pays more than enough to support two," I glanced to the floor my cheeks hot in shame, "You could pack up your house and sell it- and than we could run away together," Y/n stood there for a tense moment that felt like hours. "Just... let me think for a bit okay?" I nodded.

——————-
Time skip
——————-
Y/n pov

Tears streamed down my cheeks as I hugged Leah tightly, " I'll write to you okay- I'll come back and visit I promise" Leah nodded and wiped a tear from her eyes. "You'll always be my best friend y/n," she smiled through her tears and laughed softly, "tell me when you two get married okay? I'll make your wedding decorations." I nodded and pulled her into an almost violent hug I was squeezing her so much.

Walking up to the station I gripped my bags tightly, Harvey at my side. He could sense how tense my body was. "It's okay n/n, we can always come back- it's only a 4 hour drive," I bit my lip and turned around as I heard the train rumbling on the track. The entire town was waving goodbye.

Shane, Leah, Willy, Sam, seb, and Gus were all in tears. Marine in down right hysterics. I returned their wave and got in the train. Sitting down I rested my head on Harvey's shoulder, his hand grabbing my mid-thigh. He sniffled and turned to me, kissing the top of my head, "just think of the new life we're starting. Just you and me. Finally living together after 3 years," I sighed and felt a bit of relief. A new life with Harvey doesn't sound so horrible. "At least I don't have to wake up at 5 am anymore," Harvey smiled warmly and chuckled, "that's the mind set!"

I fell asleep and the 3 hour train ride was over when my eyes fluttered open after Harvey shook me awake. "C'mon darling, were here," I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and stood up. Harvey grabbed both our bags and I ran my fingers through my hair. "Thank you," I tiredly murmured.

Exiting the station we got in a cab and drove to the outskirts of the city. I tipped the driver and got out the car. Me and Harvey stood on the sidewalk just admiring our first home. It was small, but it was ours. Not something I inherited, or above his job. It was ours, we bought it with our money. I didn't even bother to hide my smile. Maybe life in the city will be a lot more bearable with him.

————

A/n; I haven't updated in a few months- sorry y'all 🥲 but this will have a part 2 soon and sorry for the hiatus- I'm a college student now 😫