Fawcett's Mysterious New Hero

Who is Fawcett's enigmatic new hero?
Sterling Morris, owner of Whiz Network and newsman extraordinaire was determined to crack the mystery behind Captain Marvel.

On Monday, a red blur rescued all occupants in a fiery building before blowing out the flames.

Eyewitnesses said the hero was a powerfully built man in his late twenties in a bright red suit with a lightning bolt on his chest.

He wore a short white cape and a bright smile but flew off before anyone could interview him.

On Tuesday, he caught a falling plane and landed it in Fawcett International airport, again flying off without speaking to any reporters.

On Wednesday, he captured arm robbers at a bank. Bullets bounced off the hero. After he tied the robbers up with steel pipes, he freed the hostages and flew off.

All photos of him were blurry. All eyewitness accounts noted freak lightning out of clear blue sky before he appears and again after he disappears.

It's been a week since Captain Marvel as the media dubbed him first appeared, with several sightings each day, yet every photo of him was blurry. No one knew anything about Fawcett's new protector.

So here was Sterling Morris in his car, following the pattern of freak lightning sightings he had painstakingly charted.

Jackpot!

Lightning struck out of the clear blue sky into an alley across the road. Captain Marvel should pop up there.

As he got out of his car, he saw two teenage boys kicking a toddler after grabbing the bag the child was carrying.

A scrawny little boy in a tattered red sweater emerged from the alley came to the toddler's defence, allowing the toddler to flee.

A bigger older teen swung his fist at the little boy.

Mr Morris had seen enough. He dashed across the empty road yelling and waving his umbrella.

The little boy dodged the blow.
"Behind you!" The child yelled at Mr Morris.

Turning around, Mr Morris came face to face with an armed thug twice his size.

Lightning struck out of the clear blue sky  when a hard blow to Mr Morris' head knocked him out.

-------

Mr Morris' head throbbed as he slowly opened his eyes. He was in the backseat of his car. A child was driving the car.

"Sir, please rest. You are hurt bad," said the scrawny little boy with a messy mop of short raven curls.
He looked like he was seven years old at most.

"Wwhat are you d-doing?" Stuttered Mr Morris

"Driving," came the little boy's curt reply.