In the Lioness' Den

"You're not Chad!" Lady M ripped Clark's wig off as well.

The skeletal old crone gazed into Clark's baby blues and wafted off into a dreamy smile, "but you're so much better looking."

Clark gulped. His pulse raced. He was beyond terrified.

Slowly, he backed off towards the door. "Erm.. sorry m'aam.. I'll let myself out."

Clark Kent/Superman would rather go ten rounds with Doomsday than spend another minute in the room with that scary lady.

"No you're not," she slammed the door behind him and locked it. For a little old lady, she was unbelievably fast.

"C'mere lover boy," she crooked her finger in a come hither gesture. "You big strong man."

Superman never ever used his League communicator to call for help. He was always one to rescue fellow Leaguers in distress.

Panicking, he hit the SOS button on his communicator. It was dead. He'd forgotten to charge it.

"Chin up young man," she poked her bony finger up his chin.

"Once Lex perfects the artificial metagene formula, I'll be eternally young and beautiful and have superpowers. That youthful component is what we're using the children for," she smirked.

Clark snapped out of his terror induced haze. Kids were at stake and here he was, shaking like a coward.

A quick sweep around the room with his x-ray vision revealed files with incriminating evidence. The very reason why he was here

Gritting his teeth, keeping his eyes trained on Lois as she puttered around  Metropolis, his lips quirked into a smile.

"That's the way, lover boy. With superpowers, I'll be the queen and you can be my consort," she grinned.

Clark stood his ground with a forced smile.

She leaned forward with her eyes closed

His little finger flicked her chin with just enough force to punch out a gorilla.

She fell unconscious, with a sigh.

Reading through the files at super speed, he finally found the evidence he needed.

-------

The large cold room was like something out of a horror movie. Cylinders attached to some strange machine loomed before him. Some of the cylinders had children in them.

One of the empty cylinders was probably meant for him.

"Lunch break," announced one of the guys in lab coats. The staff streamed out of the door leaving Billy behind.

Swiftly, he untied his ropes and removed his gag. Then he snapped photos and took videos for evidence.

The door was locked.
Checking the ventilation grates, he found one loose enough to remove.

Silently he slipped into the vent and covered it.