Billy Bat Son?

Little Billy Batson perched himself on a bar stool in Whiz Network's staff lounge, swinging his legs as he watched the live stream.

An enormous swarm of huge asteroids was heading for earth.

There was no time to waste.

Climbing down from the stool like a little monkey, the child ran out through the fire escape.

Checking to make sure no one could see him, he whispered, "Shazam."

Lightning struck him, filling him with immense power, changing him into Captain Marvel.

He flew through space to assess the situation. There were billions of large asteroids.

Instead of smashing them individually, he could throw something large enough in their way to block their path to earth.

Scouring the galaxy at the speed of light, Captain Marvel found a titanic dead star.

It was... heavy.

Pouring on his power, he shoved it at light speed back to the swarm of asteroids that threatened earth.

A carefully calculated push smashed the titanic dead star against the asteroids, ending the threat.

His other self being a reporter with work obligations, needed videos and photos to accompany his story. So he pulled out the mobile phone Mr Morris gave Billy to video the collision.

Grinning widely, he posed for a selfie with the space debris for Billy's next broadcast.

Both jobs done, he flew back to Whiz Network.

-------

Batman replayed Whiz Network's news segment for the tenth time.

Who was Captain Marvel?

Facial recognition couldn't find any matches in all government or private databases.

The big guy shoved a titanic dead star at speeds too fast for the human eye to see.

With his bare hands.

In deep space!

Is he a Kryptonian?

Wait! Can Superman do that too?
How strong exactly are Kryptonians?

Ok. Time to order more green kryptonite from the black market just in case either of them goes rogue.

-------

While other people have running buddies, Billy preferred flying. He found a flying buddy, fellow chocolate egg cream enthusiast and mentor of sorts in Clark Kent, investigative reporter and good friend.

"Hi Bill," the big bespectacled man hunched over the table waved at the little boy as he ran into the ice cream parlor.

"Sorry I'm late," the little boy scrambled up the seat.

"I saw what you did. Great idea, using a giant dead star to stop them in their tracks," the big man ruffled the little boy's hair.

"Beats smashing a billion asteroids one by one," the child grinned up at his big buddy.

Superman's Justice League Communicator went off. The big man frowned. It was his paranoid colleague, Batman.

Bats: You've worked with Captain Marvel before.