Trust

The suite is full of action. Hairstylists work on everyone's updos while makeup artists lean in to place their art upon skin. All of it may have been overwhelming if I wasn't having some much fun. Champagne in hand, Anna, Viv, Jess, and I try hard to contain our giggles so our hair and make-up doesn't get messed up. A smiles stretches my cheeks as I chat with my friends, and that smile only grows when Dary joins us as our resident bridesman.

Regardless of the fun and giggles in the air, my true happiness comes from the grin on Anna's face. Her cheeks are bright with color as she glows. I can't believe she's getting married today. Until a few years ago when Will started talking marriage, I never even considered that one of us could or would get married, even when I had the chance. But alas, here we are, only hours away from the ceremony.

My heart beats with excitement as the time nears. Once our hair and makeup is finished, we all start to dress in our bridesmaid attire. When I behold the midnight blue, silk halter dress that was chosen for us bridesmaids, I almost pass out in awe. "Damn, no one told me that the dresses were this beautiful. I mean this color!" I turn to Jess with wide eyes. She only smirks in return, and my eyes fall back to the dress.

Jess, Viv, and I put on our dresses while Dary arranges his matching suit. Then, it's time to see Anna. When she walks out of the bathroom, the four of us audibly gasp. She looks beautiful! The dress is a classic a-line shape with lace climbing the entirety of it, covering Anna's arms and framing her chest in a sweetheart neckline. "Wow!" I whisper. Emotional, excited, and giddy, we all collide together in a massive hug. The whole morning is quite a blur and by the time we arrive at the quaint church outside the city that Anna and Will picked out, it feels like I went through a whirlwind as anticipation bubbles within me.

As the last of the guests are seated, my group of friends share one last hug before the music starts, and then we're walking. My arm loops around one of Will's friends named Lee, who I've met a few times, as we start down the aisle of the church. Once we reach the altar, we part and I stand in line by Dary, my eyes instantly scanning the crowd. When I find who I'm looking for, I smile. Klaus smiles back, his eyes ablaze as our gazes lock.

Sat in the back row, Klaus's look sends a shiver down my spine. I'm too caught up in it that I don't realize that I missed watching Jess and Viv walk toward me until the bridal march starts and the crowd stands. I blink before looking down the aisle to see Anna approach. She's so beautiful.

Glancing over at Will, I watch as he's struck with awe at his bride, and my heart feels a little fuller as some of the grief I've carried the last few weeks disappears for a few moments.

Throughout the ceremony, I struggle to keep my attention on my friends when I can feel Klaus's eyes on me. The heat of them has me tensing my body to keep from squirming and getting distracted. I shoot him a few glances every now and then, and he smirks with each one, knowing that he's effectively distracting me.

On one of those glances, I catch a glimpse of brunette hair and dark green eyes already watching me. My eyes widen as I'm quick to look away, determined to keep my attention of Anna and Will. And when the ceremony ends, I cheer as Anna and Will share a kiss, moving to follow them out of the church.

Klaus catches me as I exit, sweeping me to the side. He grins as his eyes roam over me. "Hello, Love." Pressing a chaste kiss to my lips, he leans in so his breath fans my ear. "You look spectacular." I close my eyes at his husky whisper. "I know I should have been focused on the bride and groom, but I couldn't keep my eyes off of you. You're stunning, and I feel exceptionally lucky to be by your side today and everyday."