Family

Sat at the Mikaelson dining table, Hayley, Klaus, and I watch Elijah pace as he goes over the plan. Tonight, we're finally taking revenge on the Guerrera family, a family of werewolves who plotted Hope's murder and bound Klaus's strength to 12 moonlight rings. Ever since, Klaus grows weak on the full moon as the wolves use his strength to control their shifting. While I was on the Other Side, the brothers started plotting and have continued ever since. The mourning I first encountered when I got back to New Orleans was a way to stall as a plan came together. Now, after tracking down the 12 rings, Elijah and Klaus have come up with a plan, and it's time to enact it.

"We're taking the twelve original rings. Now, four of them sit on the hands of the Guerrera brothers. One on Oliver, one on Francesca, three with the home security detail, and the rest scattered amongst her lackeys. Now, each ring is distinguishable by its setting. Gauche, like those that wear them." Elijah rests his hands on the chair at the head table, looking to Klaus in the chair next to him.

"And with the help of Marcel and his friend Joe, we'll plant the idea of the white oak stake," Klaus continues as I frown. I don't like the white oak stake being missing. Klaus told me it disappeared the night of Hope's 'death' when the chaos unfolded. We don't know who has it, but we figured it out it can't be the Guerreras, otherwise they would have tried to use it already. "If they believe they can get their hands on the stake, they will come for me when I am weak. Each ring you retrieve will strengthen me, but I will still be at a disadvantage." I place my hand on Klaus's shoulders at his words, nervous about how tonight, on the full moon, he'll be weakened, making our plan all the more delicate.

"Ergo, any hope of our success depends entirely upon our working together." Elijah looks between Hayley and Klaus. "The two of you can no longer afford to retreat to separate corners." The distance between the would-be-parents is something I've noticed since returning and something I've watched Elijah try to amend. "Since Lily and I will be dealing with Francesca, you two need to be ready for when she sends her pack to attack here. You will need to work together to defend our home."

My eyes glance between Hayley and Klaus, who both seem to realize the truth of Elijah's words. Removing my touch and stepping back, I allow Klaus room to stand while he looks to Hayley. "This is our fight. Are you ready for battle, Hayley?"

"Just promise me that Francesca doesn't come out of this alive," Hayley seethes as her anger towards the Guerreras rushes to the surface.

"I'll personally deliver her head to you," I assure Hayley, who meets my gaze sharply before taking a breath and nodding. Although Hayley and I may have had a rocky start, we've developed a trust over the last few months. She knows I'll follow through on my promise, and oh, I can't wait too. Revenge is a real bitch.

Elijah concludes our meeting as he steps out of the room to finish putting together some of the final pieces of our plan. Hayley follows after him, leaving Klaus and I alone. Drifting together, Klaus places a hand upon my cheek. "Promise me you'll be careful."

I roll my eyes, smiling at him. "I'll be fine, it's not my first murder rodeo."

Klaus's hand slips into my hair as his gaze intensifies. "I mean it, Lily. I only just got you back, I could not imagine losing you-"

"Then don't," I tell him as I reach out and pull him into a kiss. "It'll all work out, don't worry. Besides, Elijah will be with me. He won't let anything happen to me as I won't let anything happen to him."

"I know," Klaus sighs. "But they know you're back. Although no one has spotted you yet, the whispers have grown, especially after our trip to New York."