Scared

Walking down the stairs, I wander the halls of the manor until I reach the kitchen. In need of a quick snack, I open the fridge, grabbing an O negative blood bag. Popping the cap off the plastic tube, I put it to my mouth, drinking the sweet liquid. I'm almost half way through the bag when I hear footsteps headed my way. Turning toward the entrance, I watch Hayley enter the kitchen. Her eyes widen slightly when she sees me, but she quickly slips past me to get food for herself.

Leaning against the counter, I watch Hayley as she grabs herself a bowl and some cereal. When she walks to the fridge to get some milk, she glances at me. I meet her eyes impassively. She grabs the milk and pours it into her cereal before putting it back. Taking a seat in one of the bar stools, she avoids my gaze as she eats.

I finish my blood bag, tossing it away. I start to exit the kitchen, my heels clicking on the hardwood floors, when I feel the sudden urge to throw up. My stomach clenches as my knees give out, causing me to hold on to the counter for balance. "Hey, are you okay?" Hayley's voice asks behind me with concern. The sharp clatter of metal makes me flinch as Hayley drops her spoon, effectively making my ears ring. My head throbs. I groan. "Hey," Hayley says gently, reaching her hand to touch my arm, but before she can I force myself to stand.

I clench my hands to keep them from shaking as I meet her concerned gaze. "I'm fine," I state, dashing from the kitchen for my room.

Once up the stairs, I spring open my bag, digging deep within my clothes that are still packed to find the small bag of herbs. Hastily, I grab a pinch of them, swallowing them. Closing the bag and stuffing it away again, I take a seat on my bed, waiting for the throbbing and ringing to disappear.

Anymore, my episodes are starting to get more frequent. I fear what this means for me.

...

Feeling better, I head downstairs to hear voices speaking. "I told you Agnes, I feel great!" Hayley's voice cuts through the air. Walking into the living room, I find her sitting on one of the couches, speaking with a woman, who sits in an armchair opposite of her. Rebekah sits at the coffee table with a laptop.

"You are overdue for a checkup," Agnes, I presume, warns Hayley. None of the three women have spotted me yet as I hide slightly behind the wall.

"What am I gonna do? Pop into the Quarter for a quick ultrasound? A pregnant werewolf escorted by a witch? Nothing to see here." Hayley replies sarcastically. So Agnes is a witch, interesting.

"A lot of women would kill to have a child. It strikes me as odd that you're not taking better care of yours," Rebekah mutters from her spot, her back facing Hayley. My brow raises at this. It's no secret to me how much Rebekah has longed for a family of her own.

"I know a doctor out in the Bayou, off the beaten path. Now, I took the liberty of making an appointment for you. Tonight, after-hours, just us. Vampires will never get word of it," Agnes appeals to Hayley. I don't know what but something about Agnes gives me a bad feeling, and I normally like witches.

This seems to convince Hayley as she responds, "Okay, fine. Bayou-baby-doctor it is." The two stand up to leave, heading my way. I step out so they can see me fully. Agnes pays me no mind, walking past me to the door, but Hayley stops. "Hey Lily, how are you feeling?" She asks me with hesitation.

My eyes meet hers coldly, a threat to never ask me that question again. "Splendid," I grit before bypassing her to see what Rebekah is up to. I hear Hayley leave; the door shutting behind her. "What are you doing?" I ask Rebekah as she seems to be looking at some map thing on her laptop.