*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*
"I feel it may be time I should leave." Meta Knight sighed, swiftly slapping the book shut

You whip your head to face him with a pleading expression plastered across your face along with melon bits.

"Awww, but you just got here!"

"Yes well...I forgot I must tend to the King, he has been made aware of my disappearance and I imagine him quite worried." The knight places the book on the coffee table in between the plush sofas, he then hurriedly began to strut towards the towering doors. A tinge of guilt stung his chest for lying to you, however his top priority now was to avoid conflict with Galacta.

"But how will you get home?? My warp star is out of juice!" Taking the last bite of melon, you toss the shell on the kitchen counter and run up to the blue haired man.

"It's fine I'll..." as Meta Knight pressed on the doors leading to cold space, a stroke of realization interrupted him.
He isn't wearing his cape.
His heart skips a beat with the absence of his wings, he won't be able to get home without them.

Coming to terms with the fact he is trapped in the clockwork mansion, he lets out a sigh and removes his palms from the heavy doors.

He began to ponder: though this was your home just as it is Galacta Knight's, he felt he was intruding, he felt out of place. His relationship with the pink knight is already somewhat rocky, the last thing he would want to do it sabotage this newly found peace between the two.

"You're right." Meta turned to you, looking down into your sparkling orbs. He saw the grin you tried your best to conceal; you knew what he was about to ask and could barely hold your excitement.

Taking a deep breath, the knight began,

"Without my cape, I cannot fly home..."

"Yeaaaa?" There was a short pause, the idea of Galacta flying him home crossed his mind, but immediately cringed at the thought.

"Would it be alright if I-"

"YES!!" You kept with joy,

you were about to have your first sleep over!!

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

Though it would only take a few hours before your star recharged, Meta saw how excited you had gotten for a friend to spend the night, he didn't want to cut that short.

He sat back on the rouge sofa, his arms crossed as he trailed his thoughts.

You had ran upstairs, saying you were going to change into "sleepover attire" and gather some "essentials". He was alone in the large foyer, though not in silence.

Meta Knight shifted his gaze towards the basement entrance; the shifting of large iron weights echoed softly throughout the mansion.
Though he was slightly intimidated, he was also intrigued.

The knight became lost in thought, he tried to make sense of the warrior's strength, whether that power was within his own grasp or perhaps an impossible dream.

With his attention glued to Galacta, he didn't realize it's been half an hour since you left.

While your absence went unnoticed, the entrance doors swinging open accompanied by you running down the stairs nearly gave the knight whiplash.

"Kirby~!!" You cheered, the pink star warrior ran into the mansion, both of you laughed with glee as the two of you ran towards eachother.

"This is going to be so much fun!!"