003, spillz

day 12

THE GROUP ALL sat around in a circle sitting on logs. it was day two and there was barely any food that they had in their luggage. it was morning and everyone had gotten up from their less than three hours of sleep. isa luckily still had he drawing pad and pencil.

"starvation is a notoriously horrific way to die. right up there with radiation poisoning and crucifixion." henry said with his knees pulled up to his chest and his arm crossed over. "jesus, could you not? no one's fucking starving to death. this can be all that's left can it? that seems impossible." kirin said looking at the small amount of food they had.

"yeah. i'm sorry. i just uh—it can't end like this for me. i mean, my mom doesn't even know where to look for my novella, so how am i supposed to be a published posthumously, hmm?" ivan asked holding his notebook. "it's on my google drive, mother. just click on the second folder marker 'novella w-i-p,'"

"shut up taylor! we'll be fine. we just need to slow down on the food since obviously rescues not..." kirin looked at isa who now was looking up at him while he talked "since they're taking longer than we thought."

"we can play a game, like, as a distraction." josh suggested.

"what like rock paper scissors?" isa said looking back down at her drawing pad.

"no, i alway play my xbox when i want to stop snacking on refined sugars. my nutritionist encourages it." josh smiled.

"not a bad call. any suggestions?" seth asked.

"oh! definitely a theater game. something that will expose us." ivan said leaning back on his arms. kirin shook his head "not theater."

"okay awesome. how about two truths and one lie?" josh asked. kirin sat next to isa and offered her a chip. she took it and popped it in her mouth. "sounds cool. i'll play." raf said joining the group.

"yes, rafe all day!"

"take a seat. it's raf," seth corrected josh. "get out of here. it's raf?" josh asked and he nodded "yeah."

"i love it. anyway you know the game right? you say two truths and a lie and then we guess which is which. where you're from they might all it something different like dos verdades..das verdades..." josh said and raf nodded "you know i think he gets it josh." isa said cringing at the boys spanish.

"okayy so, like, i go to school in san diego, but i live in tijuana." raf started.

"oh that one's true. he's a crosser. it's actually really admirable." josh said. "uh raf, man. you're not supposed to say something that somebody can immediately confirm. that's just bad game play." scotty said.

"unless he and josh are colluding." bo said and scotty chuckled "oh shit. fuck. i love a good game of wits. please, continue."

"uh, secondly my girlfriend family actually owns this salsa company." he said picking up the jar that was on the suitcase.

"that's bullshit."

"but is it though?"

"first off, it's bullshit that anyone would bring salsa on a weekend retreat to begin with." kirin said looking over to josh "oh, i can only eat the low acid kind. wasn't sure if they'd had any."