006, kill a motherfucking jag!

ISA WAS SITTING on kirin's back as he did push ups to prepare for their plan. she let out a laugh as she started to go up and down. scotty was explaining the plan to kill the animal. he had drew their plan out in the sand with a stick, and isa couldn't figure out what he even drew. the boys were all in a circle listening to the plan scotty and bo came up with.

"isa are you paying attention?" scotty asked.

"yeah, yeah i am."

"anyways, we gotta surround that big fucking cat on all sides, armed with the baddest spears we can make, then basically just stab the shit out of it." he said stabbing holes into the sand. "stab! stab! stab! ha ha dead jaguar."

"this is the play you want us to run? i don't even know what i'm looking at here." kirin said continuing to do push ups with isa on him. josh agreed "it looks like a human cell, like how we had to draw it in biology? is that a ribosome right there?"

"that obviously the jag!" scotty exclaimed  "bo, is that not obviously the jag?"

"i wouldn't say 'obviously'." bo said and scotty looked to isa "isa?" he said.

"it kinda looks like mitochondria." isa agreed with josh.

"can't just run up and stab it, dawg. this isn't the hood." kirin said pausing for a second. isa slapped his shoulder for the comment and decided to sit in the sand. she was getting seasick from going up and down so much. scotty scoffed "the hood? bitch, you don't know my life. for all you know, i could live in one of those red brick, good trick-or-treating-type of communities."

"he doesn't." bo said

"okay. well, if my ideas sucks, let's see you come up with one of your own. or would that make your jalopy-ass brain overheat, you fucking dumb-dumb?" scotty said and kirin stood up "the fuck did you just call me?" isa tried pulling his arm back.

"you heard me, big bird-ass bitch." scotty said and bo now stood between the two boys.

"woah you guys chill. everyone's got a point here, right? kirin's right, a direct attack would probably be a suicide mission. but, scotty, you're definitely onto something with the spears. easily our best bet, weapons-wise." seth said as he turned to henry "badges, what do you think?"

"we'll, whatever we do, it's gotta be from a distance. we don't have any long-range fire arms. guess that means a trap." henry explained.

"okay. i don't know if what i'm imagining is like a legit thing or just some indiana jones bullshit, but what if we like make a thatch trap that the jag could like, fall through?" seth tried to explain with his hands.

"oh hell yeah, right onto some sharp ass spears." scotty suggested.

"yes, yes why not?"

"proper term in a pitfall trap, but, yes, theoretically that could do the job." henry corrected seth.

"so now all we need is a pit big enough. could we dig one?" seth asked.

"hey, didn't you guys find like a bunker? could it be big enough to catch it? digging a hole big enough would take days. we can take whatever was in it and use that as a pit for the jag to fall into. we could trap it in there." isa suggested.

"genius. thanks isa." seth said "we spike the bunker."

"okay i'm new here, but cats are brilliant, right? like, i know she's not just gonna sashay over and fall in." ivan said laying in the sand using his arms to hold him up.

"maybe we can bait it." bo said "you know with like the turkey jerky."

"bo! yes! fucking killer. okay, will the jerky be enough?" seth asked.

"i mean, we could throw in some of that spam in there, too, you know make a shitty meaty soufflé." scotty suggested.

"holy shit. did we just do this? did we just figure it out? cause i feel like we figured this fucking thing out! guys, and isa, bring it in. yeah i know it's super cheesy but humor me, please." everyone put their hands into the circle "kill a motherfucking jag on three."

"one...two..."

"kill a motherfucking jag!" they all shouted and the their hands out of the circle and into the air.

"okay we need spear makers, a cleared bunker, and wood for the spears." seth listed.

"i'm on chop duty," kirin said

present

"so what did you do?" the woman asked.

"i helped clear the bunker with josh and raf. we talked a lot, i remember josh doing this weird thing with sticks? raf and i were like the only ones on task and josh—josh called día de muertos—uh mexican halloween. i thought it was weird that they didn't know each other at all even though they came with each other. raf and i were the only ones who actually went into the bunker to get all the boxes." isa explained.

"why?"

"josh had claustrophobia."

"do you think you got to learn more about them that day?" the woman asked ready to write something down. isa nodded "yeah, i think i did. i think we all learned more about each other."

day 15

"san diego!" kirin shouted as all the boys walked with the tools they made and wood they cut. some of the wood was shaved into spears to place on the bottom of the trap they were making. "come on, boys, isa. let's make us a trap." kirin shouted.

isa helped bo and ivan find leaves to cover the hole with. they found big pieces of palm leaves. seth was in the bunker stacking the spears they had carved. when it was done, the leaves were hiding the hole, and the dead animal kirin had found while getting wood was placed on top to lure the jag in. they all stood over their trap in a circle viewing their work.

"you guys think we could all put our hands in and do that shout again?" bo asked and everyone just looked at him "what i liked it!"

"no."

"now that we're on ground zero, we have to be as stealthy as the jag we're hunting. shhh..."

·˚ 💌 AUTHORS NOTE
i love henry 😭