011, eye to eye

day 26

SOMEHOW THE TEMPATURE changed from hot to cold in a matter of a day. now, everyone was covered in jackets and whatever clothing items they had to keep them warm. henry was playing with a deck of cards to keep him busy. isa was bundled in shirts and jackets all over her body. it was cold on a fucking tropical island.

"wake up taylor." kirin said throwing antacid at ivan's face. he twisted the jar closed and set the jar next to him. ivan slightly jumped up, "did you just smite me with an antacid?" ivan asked holding the white pill in his hand.

"was trying to do you a favor, dude. look, if we crash right now, it'll be that much harder to fall asleep tonight, when it's even colder. i got you." kirin said before scotty spoke up from the corner of the tent with a hoodie and jeans on. "yo, it was just hot as hell yesterday. where is this polar vortex shit coming from, man?" scotty asked.

isa would be lying if she said she wasn't tired. she was falling asleep while some of the boys talked.

"well the short answer to your question is the south-southeast, but the more accurate response is that climate change is creating—" henry spoke before kirin cut him off.

"fat fucking yawn, damien. new rule. no one's allowed to say or do anything boring right now while we're trying to stay awake. look, isa literally just knocked out after that." kirin said motioning to isa who was fast asleep with her knees pulled to her chest. "isa..." kirin said lightly tapping her arm and she didn't wake up,

"isa..." he said and she let out a light hum.

"you gotta stay up, is." he said as isa eyes still were closed. he asked ivan for the antacid he threw at him earlier. he threw one at isa and she still was sound asleep."well, i tried." he said as isa remained asleep in the front corner of the tent. "anyways, you know what? i got this. i'll be the—what you call it—the entertainment."

"girding the loins." ivan mumbled.

"so there's a bunch of super hot nuns, right..." kirin said as he started to tell a joke. while isa was asleep, kirin and ivan got into another argument about he joke he made. they realized it was very much colder than it was before. kirin shook isa harder this time to wake her up. "isa do you have the lighter...is?"

"no." she groaned as she sat up from the sand.

"the pariah has it." ivan said

"what the hell are we doing? are we not going to talk about this?" raf asked as he chased after kirin and ivan

"what the hell are we doing? are we not going to talk about this?" raf asked as he chased after kirin and ivan. all the boys and isa stormed over to the campsite where seth was staying. both ivan and kirin were the most furious out of the group. "what's there to talk about, rafe?" kirin asked.

"he violated one of us, then all of us. it's zero tolerance for here on out." ivan said.

"fine, but are we not gonna take two seconds to figure out what we're gonna do?"

"no!" everyone yelled at raf.

"isa? you're okay with kirin doing this?" raf asked and isa nodded, "sure." isa said from behind kirin. when they found seth, he was asleep on the ground. kirin put a foot on his chest and woke him up "where the fuck is it?" kirin said and seth gasped.

"what? where's what?" seth frantically asked,

"the lighter, shitbag." kirin said still holding him down. everyone else caught up to the two boys. "yeah did you think you were, like, entitled to it or something? see if it's around." ivan ordered and everyone started to look around.

"check his bag!" isa looked around with the rest of the boys. she looked in bushes and all over the sand. seth was denying having the lighter for a while. seth tried to get back up, but kirin pushed him down with his foot.

"it's not in his bag." bo shouted.

kirin was kicked seth and crouched down to where he was laying. "kirin! jesus!" raf shouted.

"just say where it is."

"it's in my jeans. it's right there in my cuff." he answered pointing down the his jeans that were rolled up. "clever fucking hiding spot," scotty said standing next to bo.

"it's not a fucking hiding spot, man." seth said making kirin kick him in the back again. seth let a loud groan out. "kirin, come on, man! he's had enough." bo shouted.

"shut your fucking mouth!"

"kirin. that's enough." isa said "let's just go back."

"look, i'm fucking sorry. i'm sorry. look, i just thought that henry—henry i thought that you'd be able to make a fire without it." seth said pointing at henry.

"we got it can we go now

"you guys, look. huh, kirin?" josh said as he kicked sand in seth's fire and his face. he started to put it out. everyone groaned "eat sand, you bitch." he said down to seth.

"hey, hey. please don't do it, man." seth said as he started to stand up. kirin quickly got up "don't go fucking near him!" he shouted dragging him away by neck while josh kicked sand into the fire. "eat the sand, you fucking bitch." josh shouted angrily. kirin had seth in a choke hold.

"you're gonna kill him, man!" bo shouted.

"kirin let him fucking go. let's leave!" isa shouted.

"henry. please. help me." seth breathed out.

"we got what we came for. can we fucking go now!?" raf shouted. isa followed the boys away from camp. she was upset a little by kirin's actions. he actually could have killed seth.

present

"you got mad at him, didn't you? you got mad at kirin?" gretchen asked and she nodded. "yeah. kirin sometime needs to learn to stop. he took things too far." isabelle answered.

"what did he take too far?"

"there was different opinions about things amongst the boys and all of us didn't necessarily agree on everything—we didn't see eye to eye with each other."

·˚ 💌 AUTHORS NOTE
sorry i haven't been updating i've been working the past week for like 6 hours a day and i'm exhausted