Chapter 10

She sat on the bed as Jonathan patted dry her hair with a towel.

"That was... I don't think I've ever had anyone else wash me down before." Bea said as she looked at him.

His baby blues dazzled her as he caught her eye with a grin.

"Well, I want to take care of you and show you the appreciation you deserve after such a wonderful date and a blissful morning wake up." He kissed her forehead.

"You are... I don't think I've ever met anyone quite like you, Jonathan. I'm glad I took this holiday. I just..." She looked away, blinking back tears.

"Hey, hey you." He gently lifted her chin to look at him. "We will work this out. Let's focus on today. I have to do some office work shortly - we are a manager down due to the ongoing issues here. But I'm not working tonight. We could... I don't know. What would you like, Bea?"

She swallowed back the tears threatening to fall.

"I think I would like to spend more time with you. What do you recommend we could do with ourselves tonight?"

She caught the look in his eyes and began to giggle.

"We are not spending my entire holiday in bed, Jonathan!"

"Ehehehe." He laughed. "Fine. I think I know somewhere. Do you like to dance?"

"Gosh, I don't know... I've been known to throw the odd shape on the dance floor but... dinner and a dance?" She felt somehow bolder than the previous date.

"Sounds great, darling. OK, I really do have to go -"

He was interrupted by Bea pouncing on him to kiss him. She knocked him on his back and her damp hair fell around their faces like a curtain. Her tongue pushed at his lips and he let her in. The urgency to the kiss was felt on both sides.

"Gods, woman!" He said, breathlessly. "You are insatiable!" He winked at her as he stood. He hastily rearranged his trousers and gazed at the sight of Beatrice lying on the bed, towel half off and her cheeks flushed pink from their kiss.

"Jonathan?"

"Yes, Bea?"

"Dress code? Is this a situation that calls for heels?"

"Smart casual and whatever you think, darling. You'll look ravishing anyway." He ran a hand through his hair and let out a deep breath. "Work. Yes. Going now."

As he exited the room, Bea rolled onto her back on the bed and tried to get her head around the last 24 hours.

She smiled to herself and sat up to get ready. Maybe she would go for a little exploration and have a look round the local markets before she got ready.

Before any of that, she picked up the phone. She had to tell someone about the whirlwind of a night.

She found Maia in her contacts and hit dial.