Chapter 13

As they entered the building through a large burgundy archway, Bea stared around her with awe.

“Oh, Jonathan, it’s…”

“I know. I picked a place we could enjoy the evening but I also know you have a fondness for architecture and decor and this building is rich in both.” Jonathan answered with a smile.

Bea smiled back at him and marvelled at how he just seemed to understand her. It was something she didn’t get often in her life.

She realised Jonathan was talking to a rather stern looking gentleman but they both broke into large smiles and shook hands.

“Ready, darling?” Jonathan asked as his hand found the small of her back.

Bea tried to clear her mind and focus. She nodded slowly.

Jonathan led her gently through the crowded room to a booth in the back. It was draped in voile curtains and the seats were a burgundy velvet with a mahogany surround. There were candles on the table and it was laid for a meal for two. The gentleman and Jonathan shook hands again and he left the pair to their evening.

Bea’s eyes were wide with wonder as she looked around the room. There were girls dancing at specific tables. Not in a state of undress but certainly in a sultry fashion. There was a dancefloor where couples were dancing casually and laughing. There were booths scatter around with varying degrees of privacy as people enjoyed their meals and drinks.

"What would you like to drink, princess?" Jonathan asked her and Bea blushed furiously. Something inside her stirred at the term he had used.

"I will have whatever you're having, please." She said quietly, looking down at her hands.

"Bea... are you OK? Do you dislike it here? We can..."

"No!" She said quickly. "I just... I'm looking at those woman and they have so much confidence and the way they move! Their bodies are..." She trailed off.

"Darling, their bodies are just that. Theirs. Your body -" He pulled her closer to him by wrapping an arm around her waist and sliding closer. His breath tickled her ear as he whispered softly. "-is mine."

She felt a flutter in her stomach and a wetness forming in her panties. She smiled shyly.

Jonathan signalled a member of the waiting staff over.

"We would like a bottle of Beausoleil d'Egypte to begin with, please." He smiled that charming smile he had.

"Of course, Sayin." The waiter said as he left.

Bea looked around. The establishment was part classic eygptian decor and part newer, more modern world influenced. The music they were playing was relatively familiar to her - pop songs and such. And, every now and then - especially when the dancers were out - a more traditional type of music was played.

She felt Jonathan rest an arm around her shoulders and she instinctively sank into him. She could feel his eyes on her as she was watching one of the girls dance in a nearby booth.

"Would you like one of the women to come and dance for us?" He asked with a smile. "You seem quite interested."

Bea looked at him in surprise. Did she want that? She was amazed at how they moved and it did stir some feelings inside of her. But how would she feel about Jonathan watching them? Or, more likely, them watching Jonathan?

Her thoughts were interrupted by the arrival of their drinks. They set about looking at the menu and Jonathan picked them both a type of soup called molokhiya. It came served on rice with a side of aish baladi - a type of flat bread.