1

» [𝗖𝗢𝗙𝗙𝗘𝗘 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗣𝗔𝗡𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦] «

0:00 ─〇───── 0:00

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

   @ᴡᴠᴇʀ003_

@ᴡᴠᴇʀ003_

-

She adored coffee. Something about the smell of coffee, particularly the strong, pungent aroma, soothes her.

She preferred her coffee with swirls of fluffy, white foam dancing about the dark gloss's top.

She'd use the wooden coffee stirrer to puncture the little bubbles, watching them split in half.

Every day at 9.45 a.m., she would order only that at the cafe a few blocks away from her little flat.

The cafe was modest, but the enormous french windows poured in just as much light that it illuminated the entire area.

And she'd sit near the cafe's edge, yet close to the windows, just to observe the passers-by.

Today is 9.50 a.m., 5 minutes late and the barista already called her out.

"Are you not sick of this place yet?", Maya, the barista, now her friend, remembered her order every time she came in and always made the greatest cup of hot coffee for her before she could even enter by the doorstep.

Maya pushed the coffee cup across the counter towards Al as she passed the cash to Maya.

"You know, seeing you drop by every day is a great compliment, but I was hoping to see you drink with another buddy, Alyanna," Maya spoke as she clicked the keys on the cash register, counted the money and gave her a quick affliative smile before she could look back down to place the notes into the cash drawer.

Al paid no attention to her comment for a minute, she just gave a sweet smile, picked up the hot coffee slowly and delicately as she shuffled to her usual spot.

"That only happens when alcohol is present. And please don't think I'm always free, I always have to clock in at work sooner or later," Alyanna winked.

"If I never came back, it's probably because of you," Maya shook her head and chuckled at Alyanna's cynicism.

Al picked up the coffee and drank little sips of it as she appreciate the soothing and warming sensation tingling on the surface of her tongue.

But her thoughts kept interrupting from enjoying her surroundings.

A buddy? What for? The words from Maya kept recalling in Alyanna's mind.

She didn't want to be alone on purpose, She'd always fantasized of being around others, having a family, a companion, or a husband. She didn't have a choice, though; she was constantly alone, and the only person everyone saw black and white.

After the prolonged period of solitude, she eventually concludes that she prefers to be alone.

She relishes it so much that she claims it was because she didn't have to exert any effort to engage in lengthy talks with others.

Alyanna didn't count Maya in not because she is a simple person, but because Alyanna didn't have to respond as much and Maya wasn't as assertive when it came to getting to know Al.

She simply serves coffee, entertains her for a few minutes, and then departs blithely.

For Maya, she absolutely loves Al's tranquil presence and is always amused by her simple witty responses which was why their friendship was so easy-going and sweet.

"Hi, yeah- hey there," A lady with an identical taped track jacket and leggings stood in front of Al, flailing her arms to catch her attention.

While Al's lips were still on the coffee cup and her eyes were riveted on the unusual lady, which suddenly jolted out of her thoughts.

"I'm sorry, but this is my spot, and my bag is there," The lady said.

Al started stretching out her body and looking over to the chair across from her, where she realised the presence of a tote bag, hiding under the table.

"I'm very sorry, I didn't even noticed," she says.

Al hurriedly grabbed her own purse and the cup of coffee. She does, however, saw all of the chairs are occupied.

Al simply stood there motionless, her eyes darting around the cafe in search of an empty seat.

Her palms were sweaty and the cup was almost slipping from her grip.

The lady noticed her expression of worry as she decided to give in.

"You know what, it's alright, you can sit. My friend is coming in a few minutes, if you won't mind." The quirked up lady took the cup out of Al's hands and placed it on the table.

Al just hesitantly sat back down, sending an awkward smile to the stranger.

"I'm really, really sorry, you're too kind," Al squeezed the cup in between her two hands.

"Thanks! But nah, everything's all cool," The lady tried to make the atmosphere more lively to relive the awkwardness, but they just sat there in silence.

"So, my name is Katy, and I live near here," Katy said. "I'm Alyanna- just Al," she says.

Al's anxiousness grew, she couldn't speak properly in conversations, especially this one, as it was unexpected.

Which made her began to stutter more than usual.

Despite the fact that Katy was aware of this, she pretended it was a normal chat so Al could calm down.

The ringing sound of the bell hanging on the front door lifted the tension from their conversation.

A tall man dressed in a maroon bomber jacket entered the cafe, as his eyes were scanning around the cafe, trying to find Katy.

"Shaun! Here!", Katy wildly swung her hands in the air, signaling Shaun.

Shaun turned around and saw Katy, then saw an unusual guest. Oddly, strikingly familiar.

Shaun? I never heard of him.

Something did not click in Al's mind when she saw the man's appearance.

Shaun? Shaun... Wait, Shang? Chi? No. No.

His face, his eyes.

Shit.

-

[🖇️] 𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥'𝗦 𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗘:

this is my first fanfic. I pray that everyone likes it :)

 I pray that everyone likes it :)