5

» [MY NAME] «

⠀⠀✧ ⠀
⠀ 0:00 ─〇───── 0:00

  ⇄   ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹   ↻

  @ᴡᴠᴇʀ003_

“If he asked me to burn the world down, I would’ve asked him…” Shaun was explaining to Katy, finally opening up to her about his past. Yet, Al continued to stare off into space as she recalled her childhood. She didn't truly have one, but the large scar on her hand served as a constant reminder of her lack of one.

“How… How about you?” Katy was hesitant to ask Al about her history since she feared it would offend her and make her consider all the different ways she could kill her. Al gradually sat up from her airline seat as she considered how to best express how her father had been killed? She cherished Shaun? Although she made an attempt to spit something out, the trauma refused to leave her.

Shaun’s eyes just focused on Al’s furrowed eyebrows. He knew that Al wouldn’t be affected by such questions because she usually lies about it, (to cover her identity), but this was different, she had significant flashbacks this time.

His thumb grazed the middle of her brows, delivering her that spine-chilling sensation as well as security and comfort, saying, "Don't furrow your brows, it'll wrinkle."

Al's eyes suddenly widened and turned to Shaun as the two of them locked gazes. Al's solace eventually waned, and her hatred for Shaun was all that could be seen in her eyes. She was just deeply, deeply mad, (unlike in those stories where the girl rediscovers her first love).

Alyanna was surrounded by a fire-like wrath, which Katy sensed and felt. She yanked Shaun's hand away from her head to let him know that Al wasn't feeling well at the time. “It’s alright, you don’t have to answer the question,” Katy said while waving her hands in the air and grinning awkwardly.

“I served as the panacea to all of their problems using the curse. When my parents died, Wenwu made sure I cut the grass for him and his men, so he could continue walking without getting his own feet soiled. As the curse grew stronger, I felt nothing more and more each day as I grew to be just as obsessed as him. The power I had felt more like a gift.”

Katy grew more concerned but interested. “What happens then?”

“Shaun's sister was the breaking point, I finally got control of the curse. I left that place with his sister and parted ways so she could lead a better life, ”

"The curse was that huge sword?"

"It's a dragon scaled katana. But I don't even know how it's power is contained in-,"

“Beef or vegetarian?” The flight attendant suddenly appeared in their sight. “We’re all out of the chicken, so I can only offer you beef or vegetarian?” She clasped her hands together, waiting for their response.

“Vegetarian would be great, for the three of us.” Katy spoke up. “Oh, we’re out of the vegetarian too,” She announced.

“Beef. ‘Cause that’s all you have, right?” While completely oblivious to what was happening in her brain, Katy attempted to respond.

“Okay, you’ll have the beef.”

“Yes.”

“And…” The flight attendant dragged on.

“Beef.” Shaun added.

“And the beef.”

"Three beefs." Al sat there judging the woman as he examined her from top to bottom as the flight attendant eventually nodded and departed. Katy gave a long sigh.

“Did you guys go through with it?” Katy peered a glance at both of them. “I knew that I couldn’t go back to him, so I just… ran.” Shaun responded, his body heaving with melancholy. “I just did what I had to do, escape.” Al gave a small smile at Katy.

“I know this is a lot to dump on you. I’m sorry about your mom. And your family,” Katy reached out, holding both their hands tightly.

“I should also probably mention that my name’s not technically Shaun.”

“What?! What is it?”

“It’s Shang-Chi.”

“Shaun-Chi.”

“No. Shang-Chi.”

“Shaun-Chi.”

“Shang.”

“S-H-A-N-G. Shang.” Shaun spelled it out.

“You changed your name from Shang to Shaun?” Katy and Al giggled at his ridiculous cover up, such a loser name. “I wonder how your father found you.”

“Okay, I was 15 years old. All right?” Shaun moaned in despair, raising his palms in protest at the sneering at his name.

“And she’s not technically, Alyanna.” Shaun pointed at Al’s direction. “Oooh, what is it?” Katy asked in a childlike manner. “Nabi, Na-Bi.” Al reiterated, making sure Katy fully understood her. “Yours is easy! Naw Bee!”

-

[🖇️] 𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥'𝗦 𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗘:

finally after a month...