ɴɪɢʜᴛᴛɪᴍᴇ ɴᴜʀsᴇ

"Where the hell are they?!" I tell myself as I saw the clock turn into another hour. It had been 4 hours since they left for a case nearby and Dean had promised to call me when they were done. I call Dean again but for the 9th time, it went straight to voicemail. I had to call Sam just to make sure. I press his contact and let the phone ring. On the fourth ring, Sam's soft "Hello?" comes through the line. "Moose It's been almost 5 hours," I say as I sit on the motel bed. "Y/N/N, Dean's been shot badly. His phone was stolen from him. We had to call for reinforcements because we almost got robbed and killed," he says, groaning a little. "What?!" "Yeah, I'm driving. I'm almost there Y/N/N. Just hold still."

"Sa-" He hangs up immediately. I rush to the bathroom to find the first aid kit I carry around. One day or another, I knew that this was going to happen. They don't come injured most of the time but when they do, it's really bad. At some point, I have to tend to their wounds. I hear the Impala roll into the parking lot and I quickly open the door for Sam. He helps Dean sit down on the bed as I get rid of everything on it. Dean groans in pain as he lays down. "You could've called me from a payphone Sam. If I don't call you, you won't, right?" "I'm sorry Y/N/N... I had completely forgotten about calling..." I look around for a shirt or something so Dean can bite down on it. Taking a bullet out without hospital assistance is painful.

"What are you looking for?" Sam softly asks. "Give me something so Dean can bite on it." "What?" Dean groans. "This isn't going to be sunshine and rainbows, Winchester. This is going to hurt," I tell him. Sam hands me an old shirt and I bundle it up. "Open," I softly say. I place it in and tell him to bite down lightly. I remove his pants halfway to get more access to the wound. It was bleeding a lot but it wasn't all bad. I place another towel underneath his thigh to keep some of the blood from staining the sheets. "Okay, babe. You've been through this before but it's going to hurt," I softly say as I caress his cheek, "you'll be okay."

I grab my tweezers and begin to look around the wound. Dean jerks, squeezing my thigh tightly as my tweezers search for the foreign object. "Fuck, where the hell are ya?" I mumbled underneath my breath. Dean has streams of tears running down his face, making me feel bad. "Shh... I'm sorry baby but I need to get the little sucker out," I comfort him. I continue to dig around, not feeling it anywhere. Seconds later, the tweezers hit it, making Dean cry out. I grab it and slowly take it out, being careful to not hurt him further. I grab a tissue and place it in front of me. "Okay, I got it, babe. Don't move," I softly say. I take the tweezers out with the bullet and place them on the tissue.

"I got the little sucker out. But babe here comes the worst part." I take the shirt out of his mouth and he begins to pant as if he had just run a marathon. I didn't have the anti-septic so Dean's beer was the only option I got right now. Dean shakes his head rapidly as the beer came into view. "I have to do this babe." I place the shirt back in his mouth and kiss his forehead, sweat covering my lips. I felt bad but this needed to be done. "Okay, I'm counting down from 3 so you can prepare yourself, okay?" I open the bottle on the bedpost and sigh. "3...2....1!" I pour a small amount of beer as Dean jerked slightly harder, then was screaming behind the shirt, holding the bed tightly. Sam had to hold his arms down for a few seconds as I stitch his wound up.

"Shhh... it's all done baby. You're okay," I coo. I wrap the wound with gauze and bandages as Dean calmed down. Sam takes the shirt out of his mouth and wipes his forehead with it. Dean breathes in and out as he had just given birth. Sam then helps him stand up as I cleaned up. I handed Dean the beer I used as I threw the bloody towel into the sink. "Sammy, can you help your brother put on some PJs? The bandages are enough pressure and I don't want him to go numb," I politely order. "Yes ma'am." I wash my hands and the bloody towel in the sink. "Baby! Sam's hurting me!" Dean whines. "Dean," I sternly say, "he's helping you put something more comfortable.

After a while, Dean was falling asleep as I placed the towel out to dry. "Are you hurt at all Sam?" I ask the Sasquatch. "I'm fine Y/N/N." He gives me a small smile and nods. I kiss his temple as I get in bed carefully with Dean. I'm immediately engulfed in a hug and Dean lays his head on my chest. His eyes begin to flutter close as I play with his hair. I bent down a little to his ear and whispered, "you're so brave, my soldier." "I'm brave," he mumbled. I check the time once more and let out a sigh of relief. 10:00 pm. When I look back at Sam, I see that he was dead asleep on the table, mouth open and light snoring. I kiss Dean's head lightly as I rubbed his back.

"Babe...," he croaks out. "Yes, my love?" "Thank you for being my nurse. You're my favorite I've had so far," he jokes. "And what exactly do you mean by that, Winchester?" I joke along. "Oh, nothing baby. I love you." He kisses my hand. "I had to leave my nursing job to join you and Sammy, my love. I'll always be your nurse," I mumble as he drifted off to sleep. One patient down, zero to go.