f o u r

CAMERON PRACTICED dancing all night that night, even at eleven-thirty when Ashlyn came down and scolded him for staying up so late

CAMERON PRACTICED dancing all night that night, even at eleven-thirty when Ashlyn came down and scolded him for staying up so late. However, she smiled a little when she saw Cam's improved dancing skills.

The next morning, he found Carlos in the library, sitting at a computer with his earbuds in. Cam scoffed, shaking his head and grabbing a pencil out of his backpack. He threw it at Carlos, but missed. The bespectacled boy at the computer adjusted his sweatshirt. Cam rolled his eyes, getting another pencil and throwing it at Carlos. This time, it hit him directly in the head. Carlos winced, rubbing his head, before looking up and seeing Cam cowering behind the bookshelf.

Carlos got up, following Cam behind the bookshelf, noticing that no one else was back there. Cam looked extremely nervous.

"What's this about?" Carlos demanded. "And if you're trying to assault me, just know my mother plays Bunko with the librarian and I promise you we will press charges."

"What-? Carlos, I'm not trying to assault you." Cam shook his head wildly, putting his hands up defensively. "Uh... I just wanted your opinion on something."

Nini Salazar-Roberts, who was on the other side of the bookshelf, picked her head up as she heard the familiar boy's voice on the other side of the books. She crept down the aisle, peering over the side of the shelf and smiling to herself when she saw Cam practicing the dance for Carlos, who was clapping excitedly.

"What made you decide to come back?" asked Carlos excitedly as Cam finished dancing. He was red and looked extremely awkward.

"I, uh... I don't know." shrugged Cam, squinting as he saw a blur of brown a few feet ahead of him. He shook his head. "I guess I'm just not a quitter, you know?"

"Yeah, right." Carlos looked around awkwardly. "Well, then, I guess I'll see you later. I'll let Miss Jenn know you're back."

+

EJ confidently strode into Miss Jenn's office with a bright grin on his face. He had finally scored the role of Troy, which meant he could act alongside his girlfriend as she played Gabriella.

While he felt bad that his cousin had quit the show, he knew Cam wouldn't care. Cam had never shown an interest in acting. He cared far more for sports.

EJ knocked on the doorway, holding the copy of High School Musical in his hand. He tugged on his jacket, awaiting Miss Jenn's attention. She looked up, her grip slackening on her phone.

"...and I am tracking a package that was supposed to be here two hours ago... Gotta go." She put her phone back on the desk and sighed. "EJ, why are you lurking?"

"Oh, sorry," he apologized jokingly, "I was going for loitering. Well, room to grow, right?"

Miss Jenn forced a smile before getting out of her chair. She had seen the DVD case in his hands and her interested was immediately piqued. "What have you got there?"