s e v e n

CAM LAUGHED loudly at Ricky, who was wearing a blonde wig with a fedora

CAM LAUGHED loudly at Ricky, who was wearing a blonde wig with a fedora. He'd never seen Ricky look so giddy as he spun around, showing off the outfit.

"My God." Cam grinned widely, holding his ribs, which ached with the pain of his constant laughter. "You're dedicated to your craft, I love it."

"Why thank you, Troy." Ricky winked, skipping across the stage to Nini and Kourtney, who laughed simultaneously at Ricky's look.

It was picture day, and while (luckily) Cam didn't have to wear a wig like Ricky, he still felt somewhat stupid in his 2000s costume. However, when he approached Nini and Kourtney, Nini smiled widely at him.

"Nice outfit, Cam," Kourtney beamed, motioning to him. He grinned, showing it off.

"Gotta hand it to the one who designed it." Cam fake bowed to her, and she put a hand on her chest, smiling jokingly at him.

"Wow, is that Troy Bolton?" said another voice, and Cam turned to see Gina. She was grinning at him, and he assumed it was safe to say she had forgiven him after Homecoming. She raised a hand, and he clapped his against hers. He was surprised when Gina intertwined their fingers.

Nini felt her chest burn and her stomach churn. The smile she had been wearing fell off her face, and her eyes met the ground. She turned away, just as Cam had turned towards her to talk to her. He stopped grinning and cleared his throat when he noticed the sullen look on Nini's face.

"Okay, guys," announced Big Red, who was standing behind a camera, "we're gonna do a practice run. Everyone jump on the count of three. Ready? One, two, three!"

Everyone jumped at different times, and Kourtney had run across the stage just as the flash went off. She raised her hands, grimacing as she rambled off apologies.

"Wait, are we jumping on three or after three?" asked Gina, tilting her head with a small frown.

"Yes, on the count of three!" exclaimed Big Red, waving his hands about wildly.

"That doesn't even answer the question." mumbled Cam, making Nini giggle softly beside him.

"I think I broke a heel." said Seb worriedly, bending down and holding his calf.

"You guys, this isn't that hard!" sighed Carlos, looking anxious. Cam frowned as he looked around; where was Miss Jenn? "You smile, you leave the earth, you land."

"It's a little hard to smile when we don't even know the plan!" argued Ricky, tilting his fedora to the side.

"I can't look at Ricky, is that a problem?" joked Nini, and Cam snickered. Ricky rolled his eyes, although a small grin crossed his face.

"Okay, let's take a five." Carlos huffed, raising his hands in surrender.

"On five or after five?" grumbled Ricky, walking away from the group.