I might take off for awhile.

It's been a week since I've seen Ian, and a week since Clay has seen him. But of course it hasn't affected him.

To be honest I was quite hurt to walk into the room and see my baby daddy, and the guy I've fallen in love with, fucking our ex.

Yes, I've fallen in love with him but I will never admit it.

"Hey, you okay? What's the suitcase for?"Sage knocked on my door, making me look up.

"Thinking about taking Clay on a little trip."I shrugged, going back to rummaging through my closet.

"Where to?"

"Don't know, maybe south Carolina, New York, Oregon, LA."I thought about all the places I've always wanted to go to.

I sighed going over to her, shoving her onto my bed then shutting and locking my door.

"Look, I might take off for awhile, with Clay. But if I do, you know absolutely nothing. Okay? If anyone asks you if you have any idea of where I might be, you don't. Got it? Can you do that for me Sage?"

"Aye aye captain. When do you think you'll be back?"

"Don't know, whenever I feel like it's a good time to come back, keep in touch with me though while I'm gone though, okay? Keep me updated on everything that happens. Alright? And the only person you have permission telling you know what happened to me is Jeremey, but he has to solemnly swear he won't peep. Got it?"

"Got it."she nodded, while I was packing our stuff she was keeping Clay occupied.

"I'll send postcards alright? And I'll send pictures, but don't show anyone. Remember, do, not, tell, anyone."I put my hands on her shoulders, looking down at her.

"Okay,"she nodded

"You ever drive before? Well you are today c'mon."

*******

"Are you sure this is a good idea?"Sage asked from the driver seat of Jeremeys challenger, I stood with Clay on my hip and my suitcase on the ground next to me outside the El.

"Yeah, it's not that hard, just stop at stop signs and red lights, do not get pulled over. You have a better chance at getting pulled over on the main road so stick to alleys and back roads, and don't damage the car whatsoever."

"Not me driving, you leaving with Clay. What about Ian?"

"Ian's taking a break from Clay right now."I sighed, adjusting Clay on my hip.

"Why?"

"He did something that upset me, so he's not gonna see Clay for awhile cause he can't watch a baby apparently. Alright, I gotta go. I love you, don't you forget that, okay?"

"I love you too, stay safe, and keep my little nephew safe. Alright?"she sniffled, I smiled watching the tears form in her eyes, she never cries so this was special for me.

"Your crying for your big sister, look at you, ya little crybaby."I smiled, gently smacking her shoulder. Than tears started to fall out of my own eyes.

"Bye Megara. Bye Clay."

"Bye Sage."

******

"This is our new home for a little bud. Only a couple days, than we'll get back on the road."I sighed looking around the small hotel room.

"Dada."I stopped in my tracks, turning back to look down at him.

"Did you just say your first word? You just said your first word! I'm so proud of you buddy!"I shouted, swooping him off the ground tossing him in the air, attacking his face with kisses.

"If only your dada was here to hear you."I jumped onto the bed with him, staring at the ceiling, just than, my phone started going off live crazy. Texts from my whole family, all the Gallaghers, even Kev and V we're texting and calling.

But than I texted every one of them back except Ian, the only two words I said were,

'I'm safe'

I knew they were gonna pissed at me but it was true.

"At least we know they actually care now huh bubs?"

"Dada."he clapped his hands looking at me.

"No dada bubs, just momma, can you say momma?"

*****

"Thank you so much for watching him again, Caleb."I handed Clay over to my friend Caleb, we officially settled down in a small apartment in LA. And I've met a couple people, most of them are co workers at my job, but I have a couple outside of work, and the only one that will watch Clay for free is Caleb.

"No problem, I told you I will watch him anytime. When I'm free at least."he smiled, adjusting Clay on his hip, it's been three months now and he's gotten pretty big.

"Yeah I know but your doing it for free so I have more to be grateful for-"

"I told you it's fine, I will take any chance I can get to hang out with little guy, right buddy?"

"Okay I gotta get to work, bye buddy, bye Caleb."I kissed both their cheeks than ran down the steps hopping in my car. Oh yeah, I got a 1996 matte black Chevelle with black rims and illegally tinted windows. Pretty sweet right? Yeah this job pays pretty good.