V | Copycat

Right now you were helping your mom make food for your family coming over. There wasn't too much food being made, but you always did what you could to take a little stress off your mother's shoulders. Your phone was in your room on the charger; it was dead because you were on it majority of the night, plus you didn't want it around for it to distract you. Every now and then, you stuffed different cheeses in Plagg's fanny pack for him to enjoy.

Now, you were whisking batter for some cupcakes. It truly was a workout. When you put the pan in the oven your mother thanked you as you ran off into your room. Fortunately, your phone was almost finished charging so you took it off.

There was a call and voicemail from an unknown number. Before you got to listen to the voicemail, the number called again. Hesitantly, you clicked the accept button.

"Hello?" You answered.

"Hey! It's me Marinette!" You sighed in relief, laying out on your bed.

"Oh, hey, Marinette! How are you?"

"I'm fine! I was just wondering... uh, did you hear the voicemail I sent?" Her voice sounded worried and nervous. You shook your head, as if she could see you before answering.

"No, I was just about to, actually."

"Oh, okay! Woo!" She let out a few deep breaths, like she had just ran a marathon, and now out of breath.

"Is something wrong?" You asked.

"Oh, no, no, no, no, no! I just- I said a couple embarrassing and private things, they weren't meant to be recorded. Please, just don't listen to it."

"Oh, no problem! Was there a reason you first called me, though?"

"I- uh... just asking..." she took breaks between words, making you laugh a little. "Movies to the go?"

"Go to the movies?" You corrected her. You were met with mostly silence, only hearing a few squeals in the background, and possibly hyperventilating. "Yes!" Marinette semi-yelled into the mic, making you flinch.

"Well, I'm cool to hang out anytime this week. Just not today I have a family event."

"Mhm! Okay! Sure! Yes! I'll text you!"

"Uh.. okay. I've got to go right now. I'll talk to you later. Bye, Marinette." You hung up the phone with a small smile on your face. Not soon after, you saved the contact on your phone.

Checking the time, you realized it was time to go to the Catwoman, and Ladybug sculpture unveiling. "Plagg, claws out!" Jumping roof to roof you finally landed where the unveiling was located. Ladybug wasn't there yet, looking around you noticed shes wasn't anywhere around.

You waved at the audience giving them a bright smile. "Excuse me Catwoman, but Ladybug's not here." A man with a man-bun asked, still looking amongst the audience. "I'm sure she'll be here soon." You assured.

"I wanted to ask her to sign this photo." He pulled a picture of Ladybug out his pocket. "She's amazing. She's so brave, and smart. The way she always saves everyone." He gushed, softly clenching the photo in his hand. You side eyed him, giving him a subtle dirty look.

"Perhaps the ceremony should commence. It might bring her here faster." Mayor Bourgeois said impatiently.

"Please, just one minute more, mayor Bourgeois. She's going to come. I can feel it." The creepy guy stared at the sky dreamingly.