VIII | Rogercop

You sat at the dining table finishing the small breakfast your mom made for you. She agreed to go to your school for today's career day during class. You hadn't talked much about your parents to anyone at school really, it never came up in a conversation. Your father was a businessman and wasn't around often. While your mom was at home more than not.

She drove you to school sense she had to go anyway. Your mother was more than happy to talk about her job or possibly meet some of your friends. You just hoped she wouldn't say anything embarrassing. Your mother followed you around the school; you sometimes pointing subtly towards your friends and telling her who they were. Finally going into the classroom you were excited for parents to talk about their own work, and they also meant you didn't have to do real work today.

It had already been thirty minutes into class, and a couple of students parents already gave their career speech. Marinette's father just started his speech; Marinette stood next to him with a trey of croissants. "My day starts at four am every morning because the bakery opens at seven. You'd think it's a routine life, making the same pastries, rolls, cakes, but actually it's different everyday. One day someone might order a cake in the shape of the Eiffel Tower and the another day someone else wants a different style cake." Adrien walked in the classroom looking distressed, most likely that his father has yet to show up, and most likely won't at all. You really felt bad for him, giving him a sympathetic look before he sat down.

"Marinette will come about and pass out some croissants made fresh this morning." Marinette walked up to the first level steps turning towards Chloe. Ms. Bustier thanks Marinette's father, now calling Alya's mother up. Marinette placed one croissant by Sabrina, then walked away from Chloe sassily without giving her one.

You gave Marinette a bright smile as she placed a warm croissant by you. "Thank you, Marinette." She quickly nodded her head, not realizing she was also tilting the trey. You grabbed the edge of the trey so they didn't fall. "Oh, sorry." She apologized.

"It's okay." You smiled. She started walking back down the steps; then tripped over Chloe's bag. Chloe's bag had been on the floor with the stuff inside spilled out on the floor. Croissants scattered around the area, with a now empty trey sat in Marinette's lap.

You got out of your seat somewhat crawling over to Marinette so you didn't distract the others. Though, everyone's focus was already on Chloe. "Jeez, is there ever a day where you don't trip over something!" You rolled your eyes at Chloe, taking Marinette's hand in yours.

"Marinette, are you okay?" You asked, sitting on your knees in front of her. "Im goo- good! Good, good, good." Marinette's face was beat red, holding the trey between her hands with a strong grip. You looked down realizing you were still holding her hand; you own face began to warm up a bit, letting out a quiet laugh. "I'll help you." You offered, picking a few of the fallen croissants and putting them back on the trey.

"T-thank you, [Y/N]." You nodded, giving her a smile. "Oh, by the way the croissants were really good. I liked them. I'll definitely have to stop by your bakery to try more pastries." Marinette felt herself flustered, she wanted to say something but couldn't form words. She became extremely nervous, worried she'd say the wrong thing and embarrass herself. And without fail, Marinette did what she always does best, speaking before thinking.

"Oh, I'm happy you liked them. I like you too- them! I liked them too! Not you! I mean I like you, but I-" For the first time, Marinette was happy to be cut off mid-sentence by Chloe. You slid back into your seat, resting your head in your hands thinking about what Marinette was saying.

Marinette has a crush on you? Well, it could be possible. A small smile formed on your face of the thought of Marinette having a crush on you. She said she likes you, but meant to say she liked the croissants, right? That was all. But it could be more. It could be something more than that. Marinette does have a crush on you and when she accidentally exposed herself she needed a cover up! Marinette Dupain-Cheng, she always stutters and fumbles on her words around you. Her face always becomes bright red when you make even the slightest physical contact with her. All the signs are there. Why hadn't you noticed something like this before?