XXXIV | Silencer

"Hey, Adrien!" you called, eyeing Adrien sitting on a bench by himself. He looked up from his phone, smiling upon seeing you. "Mind if I sit here?" you asked, pointing at the seat next to him. He shook his head, scooting over a bit allowing more space for you to sit.

"How have things been? We haven't spoken in a while, it feels like." you asked.

"I haven't brought myself to look through where you said my dad was hiding something. I'm sorry. I get that this is something important. You are... you, and you're going to do what you have to do to get Hawkmoth regardless, but this is a lot for me at the moment. I feel so selfish for thinking this is a lot for me when you're the one having to do all these battles every other day. And I'm scared that... what if I find out my father is Hawkmoth? What's going to happen to him after everything? What's going to happen to me?" Adrien paused.

"There's so much to think about. So much that could happen. All because I wanted to see what my dad was hiding. I'm not mad at you for accusing my father of being Hawkmoth. So much evidence has pointed at him and you're just doing your job. I promise I will look; when the time is right. Just give me a little bit more time."

You put a comforting hand on Adrien's shoulder, leaning in slightly. "Hey, it's okay, Adrien. I'm not going to press you about investigating your own father. He is your father. You're not selfish for not wanting to know if your own father is a villain or not. It's a lot, and the day you find out if it's true or not, especially if it's true, your whole life is going to change. You're right, I'm not gonna stop trying to search for Hawkmoth, even if he's your dad; I'm a hero, and I have to protect Paris. I'm not going to do anything to purposely hurt you either though, Adrien. You're my best friend. With or without Hawkmoth as father."

Adrien fiddled with his fingers in his lap, the look on his face made it obvious he was holding in a lot of pent up negative emotion. "I think... the main reason I'm so scared to look is because I believe he's Hawkmoth too. I don't want this reality of me not 'knowing' to end. I want to be on my dads side. I want to be able to defend him, to prove he's not Hawkmoth, but I have no reason to believe he's not. I mean, my sister that I never knew about; who knows what kind of life she lived because my parents tossed her out like nothing. And now... my father doesn't even talk to me."

"I think we already know, [Y/N]."

You dropped your hand off Adrien's shoulder, glancing between him and the ground. You sighed, "Adrien, no matter what, I'm here for you. I'll be here for you. You've been nothing but great throughout everything. You're such a strong person, being able to deal with all this, and keep a smile on in front of everyone else. You're a good person. I'm sorry you're having to go through all this. No one should."

Adrien sniffled slightly, turning to the side to give you a hug. "Thank you, [Y/N]. everything you do means a lot to me."

After a couple minutes Adrien finally let go of you, taking a few deep breaths to relax a bit. "Do you have any contact with my sister?"

You nodded, "I have her number on my staff phone." you told him.

"Do you think... you could get us in contact with each other? I want to talk to her, face to face, while she's not akumatized or stalking me."

"Yeah, of course." you nodded. "ill do it as soon as i can."

"Are you going to want to talk to her privately, or do you not mind me being around? If you want to talk to her alone I'll still be around, just far enough so I can't hear your conversation. I'm not sure I fully trust her enough to leave her alone with you." you spoke up again, in question.

"I'd rather you be there to listen as well. I'd probably end up telling you what we said anyway. I trust you, and i want to help you catch Hawkmoth as soon as possible." Adrien sighed.