XXVI | Envy; part¹

Today, Adrien had been acting weird. At first you thought he was just having a bad morning, everyone has those. But it was really unlike him. When school first started, he wasn't waiting by the entrance like he usually would. Then you walked into class only to see him with his head down. Adrien probably didn't much sleep last night, you thought. You hoped Adrien was okay.

The bell rang, and everyone rushed out the classroom leaving only you and Adrien behind. You tapped his shoulder waiting for some sort of response. Adrien groaned, twisting his body to see who was messing with him. "The bell rang." You told him. He got up, rubbing his face and stretching. You laughed. "Didn't get any sleep last night?" He nodded. "It's just... I don't know, I have this bad feeling, and it's draining me."

You gave him look of confusion and concern. "Are you okay? Maybe you're just paranoid?" He paused, reaching the last step to the court area where everyone were hanging around.  "Uhh, can we go somewhere more private."

"Of course, let's go." You both walked away from the school. Now you started to have this off feeling in your gut. You looked at Adrien from the corner of your eye, already seeing him on high alert. You looked around you, only a few civilians were around. None of them at least looked suspicious.

Adrien pulling your arm entering a small restaurant. He sat you in one of the booths, having you faced towards the entrance of the restaurant, while his back was that way. "What is going on?" You quietly asked. "I think someone has been following me. I can't shake off this awful feeling."

A bell rang, signaling someone else had entered the restaurant. It was a girl. She was a little tall, about 5'8. She wore a flowy dress that went down to her knees. The dress was a light pink with a floral design on it. She wore a white kettle brim hat that went with the dress along with white converse. Her hair was wavy blonde, and a few inches past her shoulders. You couldn't see her face completely, but you could tell she was a little older, maybe seventeen or eighteen. She took the booth across the restaurant from you, taking off the backpack she were wearing and set it on the table and taking out her phone.

"Uh..." You paused, not knowing what to say. "Maybe it's one of your crazy fans?" You suggested. He shook his head. "This is different. I feel it everywhere." You gave Adrien a sympathetic look.

"You feel it at home?" You asked. "Yeah, but it's not like they're exactly watching me, more like I just feel them being nearby. Like right outside my house." You sighed. It was awful what Adrien was going through. "I'm- uh- i don't know what to say, I'm sorry you're going through this." Adrien leaned back in his seat. "It's okay, I wouldn't know what to say either."

An idea popped in your head. You leaned forward, telling Adrien to come closer. He looked confused but leaned in nevertheless. You naturally brought your hand up to cover what you were whispering to Adrien. "What if I helped you, as Catwoman. I can see who's always around when you are." Adrien quietly gasped, but nodded at your idea. "Thank you so much, [Y/N]. This means a lot." he whispered back.

It was almost midnight. You sat in your room waiting for Adrien to give you a text. Plagg laid back relaxed on your pillow. "He probably is already asleep. You should go to sleep too." Plagg told you. You rolled your eyes at him. "This is more serious than that, Plagg. Even if he is asleep, i'm going to stay up just in case." Plagg only hummed, turning around to shove his face in the pillow. You were starting to feel a little drowsy, though.

You paced around the room doing stretches to wake yourself up. Your phone then dinged, lighting up with a text from Adrien. "I feel it again." the text said. A rush of adrenaline ran through your body. "Cmon, Plagg. Plagg, claws out." you said, trying not to be loud and wake up your parents. You opened your window just enough for you to go through.