XXIII | Zombizou

Everyone gathered in the locker rooms talking about Miss. Bustier's birthday. There were still a few minutes left until the next period started, so people began telling what they got her and why. The more people talked about what they gifted, the more you'd felt ashamed of the few key chains you got her. Marinette bursted in the locker room out of breath. She went through the small crowd of people while listening to what they were saying. You sat on the bench doing the final touches of your gift card.

"Wow. Compared to everyone else my gift isn't that great." You heard Marinette say over to Alya. Adrien seemed to have heard too, as he turned to Marinette smiling at her. "How about you, Marinette? I'm sure you've come up with something awesome!"

"Oh, me? Uh... it's nothing much!" She opened the neatly wrapped gift revealing a handmade handheld purse. "If we wish to change the world, we must all learn to love each other." Marinette read off her bag. "That's one of the first things she taught us when we first met her. I always keep it in mind."

Everyone gasped at how sweet the gift was. "I also added this tube of lip balm. Her favorite color!" Marinette finished. "Come to think of it, she's probably the reason we get along so awesomely!" Alya commented. Adrien smiled joyfully. "I'm so lucky to get a teacher like her."

Adrien then turned around seeing Chloe standing there staring at the group. "What about you, Chloe? What's your present?" Chloe looked around while everyone waited for her response.

"Nothing. Just like every year since kindergarten." Marinette smirked. Both Sabrina and Chloe frowned, Sabrina stepped forward to Chloe's defense. "It's not her fault! Chloe just doesn't like birthdays. She never remembers them, just like her mom." Chloe's eyes widened, putting a hand on Sabrina's shoulder to stop her from talking. "Yeah, well, you don't have to tell her my life story."

Chloe pulled Sabrina back, coming to her own defense this time. "Anyway, all that stuff about compliments and love? Ridiculous! Utterly ridiculous!" Chloe crossed her arms with a pout "this girl's got no heart." Marinette whispered to Alya. "Of course I have a heart! Daddy would even buy me a second one if I wanted to!" The bell rang and everyone made their way out the locker room.

You opened your locker gently, setting the gift in there, then closing it. Adrien waited for you by the door, holding the door open for everyone else. As you past Chloe she continued pouting. You stopped right at the door turning halfway towards Chloe. "If you did forget Miss. Bustier's birthday, it's okay Chloe. Miss. Bustier is an understanding and sweet teacher, she wouldn't want you to feel so guilty about it, I'm sure. If you really want to give her something, you could make a her a birthday card, I'm sure she'd appreciate that."

You did genuinely feel bad for Chloe. Especially about what Sabrina said about her mom, yet no one else appeared to care. You heard a faint "thank you" as you exited the locker room, a small smile forming on your face.

The rest of the day flew by quick. Some classes with Adrien, others with Marinette, and hanging out with the whole group. Today was one of the funner days of school. And now it was the last class of the day, Miss. Bustier's class. You went in the locker room collecting your gift to take to Miss. Bustier.

When you walked in the class Miss. Bustier's table were already stacked with presents. You set the gift bag next to all the boxes giving Miss. Bustier a warm smile. "Happy birthday, Miss. Bustier!" She gushed with her hand over her heart. "Oh, thank you! You all are so sweet!"

You took your seat behind Marinette, the whole class said happy birthday to Miss. Bustier all together. Miss. Bustier wiped a tear off her face picking up a closest gift box, which just so happened to be Marinette's. "Marinette made that one!" Alya informed.