Exploring #2

Clarke pov.

"Clarke, Clarke wake up! We are going out to explore and since everyone is looking to you we need you to come with us." I slowly open my eyes to see a boy standing over me, I think his name was jasper? Yes that's right Jasper Jordan I think I talked to him a few times back on the ark and I recognise him off the drop ship.

I slowly get up stretching and sorting out my clothes they didn't give us any spare so I guess we will have to wash our clothes and get straight back into them until we find another option. I quickly tie my hair back and join the small group who are waiting for me.

"Hey, this is Bellamy and Octavia Blake they are brother and sister, Finn, Monty and Wells who says he was your best friend back on the ark? and I am Japser Jordan. We are going out to see what we can find on this earth and we were hoping you would come with us?" Jasper explains.

"Um... Yeah sure yesterday I went put for a bit and found a river we could go and see if it is drinkable? And if it is that's good since I don't think any of us have had anything to drink since before we came down." I say and they all nod in agreement.

After walking for a bit we come along the river lexa took me to yesterday, Lexa! I totally forgot about her about we are planning to meet up tonight I guess I will have to get back with enough time and hopefully get out while no one is looking although by the looks of it, everyone seems to be more focused on building a wall or something to keep anything unwanted out, as we still don't know what could be waiting for us out there.

"Octavia stop!" I am ripped from my thoughts by Bellamy shouting after his sister who just stripped off to almost nothing and jumped in the water. We still don't no if this water is drinkable but it looks ok to wash in so we all start taking off our outer clothes to wash the dirt and anything else off of them thankfully it is warm today so everything starts drying quickly.

"Well we can swim in it so why don't we try drinking it? If it is drinkable we might have a chance at surviving down here" Wells says ad he leans forward scoping some if the water into his hands. He slowly lifts it up to his mouth while hesitating incase it isn't drinkable. Well takes a sip of it and he is fine.

"See told you it was fine drink up remember we have drunk anything since up in the ark" Wells says we all lean forward and scoop up some water in there hands. All of a sudden Wells starts choking and spitting out the water.

We run over to him as he falls to the floor.

"The water... The water it's it is not drinkable don't drink it!" Wells manages to choke out before his head drops back.

"Help me here!? He is dying help him?" I say as I place two fingers on his neck to see if he has a pulse.

After a minute he pulse complete drops.

"Guys wells... Wells is... dead."

After sitting there for a few minutes taking in everything that has just happened we realise we just lost another person another child another criminal.

First jack and David we lost in the landing by them getting out of there seats now Wells... Wells my best friend my only friend on the ground is now dead because they were so stupid as the send us down without any food or water, so we had to find water somehow. I just I wished I was the one to test the water I would be dead and he would be safe.

3 dead 97 still alive. I think in my head 3 lives gone who will never get to explore this world, who will never grow old, who will never live to see another day.

"Come on guys we need to get home before dark and we need to bury his body." Bellamy says picking up Wells' body.

After we get back to camp and buried wells' body next to the other two boys. I head off into the woods to meet Lexa again I don't really want to but at the same time I need to see another person that isn't the rest of the 100.

I see lexa walking towards me and I can't take it anymore I don't know what has taken over me but I run up to her, I don't even know her yet I hug her, then all of a sudden I feel the tears running down my face and I am overcome with the emotions of today. Earlier when Wells died I didn't show pain, I didn't show that I felt something, my best friend died and I didn't shed a tear. I was just keeping it all in really to not show weakness but now I can let it out.

I have only none this girl a day and I am already comfortable around her I also feel like I can trust her.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying? Are you hurt?" Lexa says with a worried face.

"Come with me I will show you another beautiful place you will love it, them you can tell me what's wrong." This time lexa just drapes her arm around my shoulder.

I stay silent the whole journey and so does lexa. Until we get close and she tells me the close my eyes, she says she wants it to be a surprise. Then I slowly open my eyes and I can't even explain what I see in front of me, its now night because we have been walking a while.

When she let me see again I see in front of me what looks to be a glowing forest or something.

"It's... It's beautiful, how is this world like this? When they said the earth was going to be very different I didn't expect this although I don't know what I expected really." I say amazed at how beautiful the world is.

"I hoped you would like it, come on sit down and explain to me why you are upset? I may seam like all hard and tough but that's because I am the commander I have to be but really I'm not, I am human I have bad days I do break down and I do care about people. So tell me what's wrong Clarke of the sky people." Lexa says in a soft voice and looks at me with a sympathetic smile.

"Well I guess everything is getting to much I can't take it anymore I have been down here a day and I don't know what to do. I love it here but I also hate it I'm so far away from home, the place I grew up the only place I have none all my life also the place that haunts me with memories." I say sighing and then I lean back onto the rock lexa is sitting on.

"Go on please tell me I want to help you or even if I can't talking and getting it out will help you I promise." Lexa says.

"Okay, well first I have nightmares... I have nightmares of my dad. He... He got floated." I look up to see lexa has a confused look on her face so I quickly reply. "Floated is our way of saying killed because it usually evolves putting then in a sealed chamber and opening the doors to space the moment they breath they die. So anyway my dad got floated, then I got locked up I was going to get floated to in a couple of weeks but instead they sent 100 of us down to see if earth is survivable because the ark is running out of oxygen. In the landing we lost two boys. An... and earlier today my best friend died his name was Wells. We went to the river and some of us swam in it wells tested the water to see if it was drinkable as we have to no food or water and it turns out it isn't and he died. Everyone I love or care about dies and I don't know what to do Lexa. I have only none you for a day and I feel like I can already trust you." I say as I can feel the tears building up again.

Lexa pulls me into her arm and I rest my head on her chest, I can hear her softly humming a tune as she rocks me back and forth. I don't move because it feels so nice this moment that I wish could last forever i feel safe in her arms and the world seems so peaceful that I can feel my eyes getting heavy as I slowly drift off.