Chapter 30 - Meeting With the Devil

I knocked on the door repeatedly until I heard an annoyed shout from the inside. “Yeah, yeah, I’m coming”. And then the door opened. Kiara stood on the other side of the door with a wide smile when her eyes found mine.

“Kazier!” She exclaimed, but the excitement in her voice was short-lived when she saw Destry standing behind me. “Uh…what are you doing here?”. I took in a deep breath before I decided on what to say. I did not want Mira’s friends reporting her missing to the authorities, it would just make a mess.

So, I smiled brightly at her and stayed calm. “Looking for Mira. She said she was coming by to see you?”. Kiara frowned and then shook her head in the negative. “Oh, uhm, she didn’t tell me she was coming over…”.

I fished my mobile phone out of my pocket and held up my index finger at Kiara. “Oh, would you look at that, Mira just texted me, she is waiting for me at the store” I told her with a laugh. “Anyway, I need to get going, you know how Mira gets when she is kept waiting” I said and started walking backwards.

Kiara frowned at me; her head slightly tilted. “Kazier, is everything…ok?”. “Yeah, why would it not be?” I answered with a shrug and continued to walk away. I let out a heavy breath as Destry and I rounded the corner in the hallway.

“She did not buy that”. “What are talking about, of course she did” I told Destry who just rolled her eyes at me in response. Then I started typing a message to Azriel.

………………………………………..

I followed the man down a gloomy and seemingly damp hallway that seemed to go on for ages. Eventually we turned a sharp corner and walked into a room. The room was large and a few men were standing around chatting to each other. However, when they saw me, the talking ceased.

I looked to the man I had followed to get to this room and he too was staring intently at me. “Abadon, thank you for bringing her to me. Now all of you, stop watching the girl, you are making her nervous” Came a deep voice from the one side of the room. He was seated on an elaborate chair made of steel and wire and he was dressed in a formal suit.

“Mira, come forth” He told me after I stopped watching him and my gaze went back to the other men in the room. “Where am I and why am I here?” I asked the man on the throne and he sent a dark smirk my way.

“Have you not heard the wonderful news, my dear Mira? You are to gift me a new breed of demons”. “Lucifer” I whispered. “So, you know of me. Am I correct to assume that the Fallen have told you of your importance to me?”.

A feeling of disgust washed over me and I felt sick to my stomach. He was going to kill me! I was going to die, just like the rest of my family. “Do not be afraid my dear, I require only your blood”.

“My king, you said we could do with her as we please, after you take her blood” One of the men piped up. “Shut up Asmodeus, do not remind me of what I have promised you. I also remember asking for you all to convince the Fallen to join us but have you succeeded?”.

Another one of the men stepped forward. This one had a large scar across his face, stretching from one side to another. “Only Leviathan has succeeded, My king”. Lucifer nodded his head, his hand waving him off. “Yes, yes, demon. But where is the Fallen? I have yet to meet him”.

The demon’s lips curled into a menacingly smile while he walked to a door on the opposite side of the room. He opened the door and out walked Thoren. He seemed different, darker and more dangerous. My mind went back to that day I was in the bathroom and had fallen asleep and dreamt of Thoren giving me a warning. “He is coming to get you”.

“I wasn’t dreaming, was I? That day in the bathroom?”. Thoren huffed and came up to me. “Took you some time to figure that out mortal. Oh sorry, not mortal, Nephilim”.

I stepped back from him, my eyes widening in disbelief. “What did you say?”. “Oh, you heard me alright. I actually find it humorous. All this time Azriel was hell bent on making sure that no Nephilim would be birthed. He even killed all the women in your family with the sight to prevent that from happening. He did whatever he could to keep you safe, yet here you are, ready to face your fate”.

“This doesn’t make any sense…” I started but got cut off by Lucifer. “Honestly, Jenziel made things easier for us by impregnating a mortal with the sight and having her birth Nephilim. Now, there is only one step left” Lucifer said with a smirk.

Then he looked towards another two men. “Sathanas, Belphegor, restrain her!”. Immediately I backed away and grabbed onto a candelabra throwing it against the one guy. It struck his eyes and he yowled, but the other one was ready to attack me.

He wrapped his hand around my throat, immediately restricting my breathing. Then I raised my knee between his thighs and he let out a screech. Whatever training I had learnt with Azriel and Zeir had proved beneficial to me, but still nothing could have prepared me for when Sathanas started transforming.

His human skin fell apart, uncovering pitch black slimy scales and lengthy ears and I pushed back the disgust that was inching up my throat. “Something wrong Mira, you do not like their actual forms?” Lucifer asked me and I turned to look at him and say something but the insult I was about to hurl at him fell flat when I felt something sharp and heavy at my scalp.