Chapter 36 - Of Lust and Truths

Time was unknown. I had no way to count it and no way to tell whether it was day or night. Did Hell even have a day and night? Anyway, I strained to the side for what felt like forever until I eventually was able to reach the shards of glass.

It gave me hope. And although I was restrained by thick chains to a mouldy, damp cell wall, I had at least a weapon to strike at anyone who dared to near me in the cell. Of course, no one came. Not after my visit from Thoren and Lilith.

And honestly? I was bored out of my mind. The dungeon was too quiet, I apparently, the only prisoner and only a recurring drop of water nearby as company to my ears.

I was morbidly depressed. Its not an everyday thing where a girl finds out that not only does she have the sight, but she is in fact part angel. Lots of things did and did not make sense.

At least I got an answer for my father’s distance from me, because he wasn’t even my father to begin with! That, although initially hard, was easier for me to understand than the fact that I had an Angel as my biological father who did not even once come and see me. Why?

That didn’t make sense. And the more I wracked my brain to try and find answers that I was deprived of all my life, the more I wasted my energy away. My condition was not great.

Yeah, I would say that I had definitely experienced better days. I was thirsty and ravenous, my body slightly shaking from the lack of nutrition. So, maybe a day or two had passed, maybe more, I can’t say. I expected my bladder to give in soon as well, regardless of whether I had anything to drink.

My joints were stiff and achy from sitting awkwardly on the cold floor and switching positions did very little to help. I needed a walk; I needed a stretch. I readjusted my position on the floor for what felt like the millionth time, abruptly stopping when I heard approaching footsteps.

An eloquently dressed man walked towards the cell I was bound to, a grin dressed his lips, his blue eyes narrowed to slits as he studied me. He was one I recognised from the meeting with Lucifer. “I thought you could use some company”. “Who are you and why are you here?” I asked him, not bothering to entertain his words.

“I, am Asmodeus, greater demon…”. “…Of lust”. Asmodeus raised his eyebrow after I completed his sentence. “So, you have heard of me”. “Your demon stung me” I answered him in annoyance.

“I know. And what a delectable dream that was. Of Azriel, the very fallen who murdered your family” He spoke and rounded the corner of the cell, making his way closer to my side. “Did you like the way his tongue felt against you? The way his fingers dug into the flesh around your hips”.

Vivid images of that dream with Azriel slipped its way into my mind and I shook my head in embarrassment. “You…you saw all that?” I asked softly, feeling mortified beyond words. “Oh! My dear, I created it, just for you” He said and sneered even wider.

I gritted my teeth and jutted out my chin, not letting him see how that dream had affected me. “You didn’t say why you were here. I asked you why you are here”. Asmodeus reached out one hand into the cell, near my head and I instantaneously moved in the opposite direction.

Then with a dejected sigh, he removed his arm away and then slowly nodded his head. “To say goodbye to you, my dear. Lucifer has organized a feast in your honour. And after the feast, you will take your beautiful new form”.

I scrunched my eyes in confusion. This man – demon – was not speaking logically. “What the Hell are you talking about?”. “Nephilim are part mortal and Angel. So, they not only have mortal traits but also that of a pure Angel. And you my dear, are yet to accept your Angel traits”.