Chapter 1-5

Chapter 1

"Ji Sheng, a former member of 'Loptr' (1), was caught in a sexual harassment scandal. The victim, Sheng Kongzhi, a member of the same band, issued a statement accusing him of evil deeds. The two belong to the same company 'Qingchu' that also announced the termination of Ji Sheng's contract this morning.

"After the victim and the company spoke out, Xie Xuanming, a newcomer movie star who is also the subject of Ji Sheng's scandal, posted an article in support of Ji Sheng..."

Slender fingers touched the button and pressed it lightly.

The car radio went silent abruptly but the mobile phone on the station still vibrated non-stop.

Ji Sheng raised his hand to reach for the phone, an action that caused his sleeve to slide down slightly, revealing a hideous scar on his wrist.

The yellow light in front of him turned red. Ji Sheng stopped the car, picked up the phone, glanced at the caller's name and accepted the call.

"I'm sorry, Xiao Sheng, public opinion is completely out of control and the company must make trade-offs. We've been friends for so many years, you have also watched "Qingchu' rise, you can't bear to let it fall again, can you..."

Ji Sheng interrupted: "I'm on my way."

There was silence for a while, and Ji Sheng said calmly: "Ten minutes, put the termination documents there, I will sign."

After the call, Ji Sheng rubbed his throbbing forehead. He wanted to turn off the phone, but paused when he saw unanswered messages.

Xie Xuanming: 【Where are you】

Xie Xuanming: 【Answer the phone】

Ji Sheng paused for a second. The traffic lights turned green, and the car behind him honked impatiently.

Ji Sheng regained his senses, turned on airplane mode on his mobile phone and threw it onto the co-pilot.

When he reached the fork of the road ahead, he turned to the side line calmly but his peripheral vision caught a glimpse of a red car rushing from behind the corner, approaching at an alarming speed.

Ji Sheng slammed on the brakes, but it was too late——

The red dot quickly enlarged in front of Ji Sheng's eyes and finally coincided with the scar on his wrist...

The collision was dull, the pain of broken bones sharp.

Ji Sheng half-opened his eyes, feeling his blood and his life flow down from his forehead together.

Something buzzed in his ears, like millions of people speaking at the same time, making a lot of noise.

He heard his young self shouting: "My dream is to become the greatest drummer in China!"

He heard the doctor say, shaking his head: "You can't play drums anymore."

He heard Sheng Kongzhi explain guiltily: "Xiao Sheng, I can't help it. Our relationship can't be exposed. I don't want to lose my reputation... I'm sorry..."

The noise gradually disappeared, and Ji Sheng closed his eyes. In complete silence, the sound of someone's gritted teeth suddenly exploded in his ears, the whisper like a reluctant last sigh of a dying beast.

"Ji Sheng... you owe me..."

Urban village of Baimao City

"Since Ji Sheng died in a car accident caused by drunk driving at the end of last year, Xie Xuanming, previously the subject of Ji Sheng's scandal, has repeatedly expressed his disgust with Sheng Kongzhi in public. Today, he even said: 'I won't participate in any shows with Sheng Kongzhi, and I won't perform in any dramas with Sheng Kongzhi."