Chapter 6-10

Chapter 6

When Ji Sheng opened his eyes the next day, the bed in front of him was neatly covered with the quilt, and Xie Xuanming had already left.

The irregular sleeping position made Ji Sheng's body so sore he felt he was falling apart. He sat up, rubbing his face bitterly and pinching the most affected area around his waist, when his gaze was suddenly attracted by a small yellow square on the armrest of the brown couch.

It was a post-it note, left by Xie Xuanming.

Ji Sheng tore off the post-it note; the handwriting on it was strong and powerful.

Looking at the words, you would never expect a moody, unpredictable man to write them. Ji Sheng harboured discontent in his heart and vented it in secret.

The drum will be delivered today.

No extra toiletries in the bathroom.

The fare is on the bedside table

Ji Sheng stared at the three lines of words for a long time, and realized three truths.

First, he didn't suffer from backache in vain, at least he got a new drum set.

Second, Xie Xuanming told him not to touch the utensils in the house and go back to the dorm to wash.

Third, he had the money to go back.

Ji Sheng turned his head, and on the cabinet, two banknotes were pressed under the vial of eye drops.

Two red bills, tens of yuan more than the amount requested by Ji Sheng.

Although there was a subtle implication in getting a tip at the bedside, as a destitute person with less than 50 yuan of total assets at the moment, Ji Sheng did not and was not entitled to feel insulted. He gladly tucked the bills away, completing his first asset expansion since his rebirth.

Naturally, it was impossible for Xie Xuanming to leave him breakfast, so Ji Sheng didn't rush to brush his teeth.

In line with the idea that Heaven knows, you know, I know, Xie Xuanming doesn't know, Ji Sheng decided to use the guest toilet to answer the call of nature without any internal struggle.

After that, he washed his hands, poured a handful of cold water on his face and scrubbed it. With two hundred yuan in his pocket, he left the villa.

Ji Sheng originally planned to take the bus back, but the rehearsal notice in the group chat and his tired body made him give up this idea and take a taxi instead.

It was even more difficult to find a taxi in the villa area than in the urban village. The residents in the area generally had their own transportation and drivers, and taxi drivers with some common sense would not go there.

The mobile phone software showed that the nearest taxi was five kilometres away and it was going to take more than ten minutes to get there.

Ji Sheng leaned against the gate and waited for the car, bored and nagging the security guard.

Ji Sheng: "Brother, what kind of work do you do? "

Security guard standing guard: ... ...

Security guard: "Security."

Ji Sheng: "Security is good, ah. Guess what I do? You absolutely can't imagine."

Security guard: ... I don't want to imagine.

The security guard said indifferently: "Unemployed vagrant."

"Wrong answer." Ji Sheng shook his head and said solemnly, "I am a substitute."