Chapter 61-65

Chapter 61

Ji Sheng sat outside the operating room with his head down and his hands clasped tightly.

He received the news of Ji Yueming's accident during the recording of the show, rushed to the hospital to sign some papers and sat on the bench without moving again.

The phone in his pocket vibrated from time to time. He didn't know whose messages it was.

It could be his assistant, Sheng Kongzhi, Li Tan...

Ji Sheng couldn't be bothered to check; all his attention was on the red light above the operating room that said "in surgery".

He didn't know how long it took, but the red light finally turned green.

Ji Sheng stood up abruptly; the operating room door opened, and the doctor walked out.

Ji Sheng quickly took two steps forward; his lips moved, and he asked timidly, "Doctor..."

"The surgery went well." After many years of practice, the doctor understood the mood of the patients' families very well. He succinctly mentioned the key point, "The patient is out of danger."

Ji Sheng's body slumped a little; his tight nerves suddenly relaxed, bringing a throbbing pain to his temples. His dry eyes blinked and he said in a hoarse voice, "Thank you."

"No need." The doctor handed him the documents, "The patient has suffered a head blow, there is a possibility of concussion. Several tests need to be done afterwards... You go to the ground floor and pay first."

"Okay."

Ji Sheng hurriedly took the documents, glanced at the list, raised his head and asked, "Doctor, can I ask about how much it will cost?"

The doctor quoted a number and Ji Sheng froze for a second, swallowing with difficulty, his eyes red, "I don't have that much money... right now."

Ji Sheng was telling the truth. The settlement date was at the end of the year. Now it was not the middle of the year yet; he had received very few payments that were not enough to support large expenditures.

"You don't need to pay the money in one lump sum. You first pay for the surgery, tests and medicines. The amount I've mentioned includes the cost of follow-up hospitalisation for recuperation, there is no rush to pay..." The doctor said, quoting another slightly smaller amount.

"Just pay that much first."

The doctor had other work to do and couldn't stay long. He said a few more words to Ji Sheng and left in a hurry.

Ji Sheng stood still, holding the documents. Then he checked the balances of his few cards, looked at Alipay and WeChat, finally helplessly realising that even with the reduced fees, there was still a considerable deficit.

The hospital was not a charity enterprise; without paying the money, the next tests could not be done.

Ji Sheng went down to the ground floor, settled the payment for the surgery first, then relied on his credit cards to gather the money for a few tests, and walked to the corner to sit down.

Ji Sheng scanned the message box and hesitantly sent messages to Sheng Kongzhi and Li Tan.

He sent Li Tan [Brother Tan, can the settlement be paid in advance?]

Sent to Sheng Kongzhi [Do you have any spare money in hand?]

Li Tan learned about Ji Yueming's car accident a few hours ago when Ji Sheng suddenly left the recording site. He called to ask about the situation, and immediately went to tell the public relations department to work overtime to pay attention to the state of public opinion. It could be said that he was very concerned about this matter. But when Ji Sheng sent a message, he was silent for a long time before replying.