Chapter 36-40

Chapter 36

Ji Sheng tilted up his head and alcohol slid from his mouth into his esophagus, burning all the way.

He frowned slightly, swallowed the liquor, raised his hand to show the empty glass and slammed the glass back on the coffee table.

Ji Sheng straightened up: "I have drunk the wine, so let them go."

Zhao Wenhua chuckled, waved his hand, and the two men holding Huang Sizhe relaxed their grip. Huang Sizhe staggered forward, propping his hand on the floor littered with glass splinters. A few pieces of broken glass stuck into his palm, making him drip blood.

Huang Sizhe stood up abruptly as if half-conscious, rushed to Ji Sheng, pulled him behind his back and stared at Zhao Wenhua with bloodshot eyes.

Zhao Wenhua smiled, puzzled: "Why do you still treat me as an enemy? I just want to make friends."

Huang Sizhe panted heavily and was about to say "You fart" fiercely, but Ji Sheng spoke first.

"Mr. Zhao, we accept your friendship." Ji Sheng said calmly, "I just don't know if Mr. Zhao will give his 'friend' a chance to deal with his wounds. After all, such an embarrassing acquaintance is not in line with etiquette."

"That's fine." Zhao Wenhua nodded readily, his gaze licking Ji Sheng like a snake, "He can go and take care of his wounds, you, who are intact, can sit down and have a little chat with me."

Huang Sizhe was furious when he heard this: "Don't you fucking dare——"

Grabbing him, Ji Sheng interrupted: "Okay." He made a step forward and was pulled back by Huang Sizhe.

"Do you remember the number?" Ji Sheng turned sideways and asked in a low voice.

Huang Sizhe's eyes relaxed a little, but he still didn't let go.

"Go." Ji Sheng whispered again, "Otherwise I can't leave."

He nudged Huang Sizhe, giving him a meaningful glance, obediently broke free of his restraints and walked over to the sofa.

Huang Sizhe watched Ji Sheng sit down beside Zhao Wenhua, gritted his teeth, turned and walked out.

He staggered towards Lu Haoren, his footsteps unsteady.

Lu Haoren stepped forward to help him regain his balance; his eyes were anxious and full of questions. He heard Huang Sizhe's hoarse voice:

"Do you have a phone?"

Lu Haoren was startled and then nodded.

"Okay." Huang Sizhe said in a low voice, "Let's go out and talk."

The two walked out of the private room. Zhao Wenhua didn't have any wish to keep them, so no one stopped them.

Zhao Wenhua sat on the sofa, staring at the tear mole under Ji Sheng's eye, unable to stop his mouth from drying up.

A few years ago, when he was just a local snake, there was also such a young man with a mole at the corner of his eye. At that time, Zhao Wenhua had some nasty plans and set up a banquet to invite him over... However, he made a mistake and failed to succeed in the end.

It was a regret Zhao Wenhua had carried for years. When he saw the boy again, he was surprised to find that he appeared on TV and became a big star. Their status was very different then. Zhao Wenhua looked at the young man like a toad who wanted to eat a swan's meat. The mole became an evil fire that burned for many years.

Therefore, when Zhao Wenhua noticed Ji Hui, that face from his dreams firmly grasped Zhao Wenhua's attention.

The humble background, being the drummer, the tear mole at the corner of his eye that made one feel itchy.