Part Three

I wake up and stretch and open my eyes. It takes me a while to process something has changed.
'Ooh!' I exclaim as I look around my bedroom. My bed has been pushed back by the window, the sliding wardrobe taken one whole wall. It had two wardrobes on either side and a sliding mirror in the middle. I see Mom and Dad have been shuffling around my bedroom silently, because even my duvet cover has been changed. It was plain white before, but now, it's a black duvet with a white flowery design with a matching pillow case. I knew I wanted to make my bedroom look sophisticated, so Mom and Dad have put up black and white stripy wallpaper on one wall behind me, and on the other three walls white, with black dots. The desk is placed by the door side, with my black swivelling chair next to it and my laptop and stationary sitting on it. On the wall above the desk was the shelf unit that Dad was talking about but it was empty. I remember him saying that I can put up my favourite things on it. I pull aside the white curtains which is also new, letting in the morning sunshine that brightens the room and jump out of my bed and look down at the floor. The entire floor is laminated wood but a soft furry white as snow mat lay beneath my feet. I smile to myself. I go to the sliding wardrobe that took up the whole wall. I open the right hand side and see that it's got all my clothes hanged up in a line and bags laid down on the bottom shelf. On the left hand side of the sliding wardrobe are four shelves of all my shoes and some folders and textbooks for school. I go to the sliding mirror and see that it's got rows from top to bottom. At the top row, which I can barely reach, are my hair straighteners and curlers. The second row has got a perfect straight line of books. The third row, has got my make up bags and all my teddies. I may be fourteen, but is is wrong to have a collection of furry animals whatever your age? The fourth row, that reaches my knee, has got a big box that took up most of the row. I open it and inside it has got all my random stuff, like birthday presents and pocket money and things like that. The very bottom row, or more like the floor, has got a big gap between it and the row above and my red flowery suitcase is placed on it. I unzip it open and look inside. There's pretty much nothing in the suitcase since most of it has already been emptied out, but my favourite stuffed tiger was still laying down in it, smiling up at me. I pick Stripy up and put him in the middle of my shelf unit. I also put a framed photograph of me and my parents and another one of Jasper. I quickly do my business in my bathroom. The bathtub is shimmering white as well as the toilet and the sink. There is a lilac coloured waterproof mat on the floor near the bathtub and the shower which is in one corner of the room next to the cupboard where I put my toothbrush and toothpaste and all my shampoos and conditioners and then walk to the garden. There's a concrete pathway down the middle with grass on either side. One side has a ring of compost and soil which the roses and sunflowers are growing from and the other side, daisies and dandelions. Dad's new silver car is placed just outside the open garage further down the the other end of the house, with a pool of water around it on the floor. I look inside the garage and see Dad putting away the hose.
'Hi Dad. Thank you and Mom so much for my bedroom, it looks amazing!'
'My pleasure, sweetheart!'

After I get changed, I walk downstairs. I don't think I can recall seeing another cardboard box anywhere around here. The kitchen looks spotless and the countertop glistening after just being wiped. Next door is the dining room. In the centre of the room was the big rectangular table of eight. We said we'd use the same three seats and the other five in case of guests. The lime coloured table cloth went well with the green mats at each seat. The table is always laid out, just the plates and the bowls. I walk into the main lounge and it looks perfect, thanks to Mom. All the rooms in the house are laminated wood, except the kitchen which is cold stone, like the porch in the back garden and the bathrooms, which is tiles. The big cream coloured soft L shaped couch is placed in one corner of the living room, followed by some more identical couches with ruby red pillows. The big flat screen television has been put on the wall in the centre. The glass coffee table sits in the middle of the room with a furry red carpet to match the pillows and the red and white stripy wallpaper. On one corner of the coffee table, is a clear vase of red roses and next to it, sat two plates. One is some biscuits and the other, my breakfast, which is today egg and toast. Between the two normal sized couches (which were next to each other) and the door is just about four metres. I see Mom eating her breakfast, sitting on the coach four metres in front of the doorway.
'Hey Mom,' I say as I walk in. I take my plate of breakfast and sit down next to her.
'Morning sunshine,' she says, taking her eyes off the television. 'How was your sleep?'
'Peaceful. Thank you and a Dad so much for my lovely bedroom, I couldn't have designed it better!' I say with a mouthful of toast.
'Anything for you, sweetie,' she says and plants a kiss on my forehead.
'So what's on the agenda for today?'
'Getting you ready for school tomorrow,' she says, finishing up her plate.
I groan. Loudly.
'Manners, Jasmine!'
'Sorry,' I mumble.
'And yes, you're going to school. Come on, I know you have never had any experience being the new kid, but everything will work out fine, just you wait and see.'
Sometimes I just hate it when people say that. Just because they say it's all going to be fine, doesn't mean it always is. Mom gets up and goes to the kitchen leaving me alone. I leave my finished plate which is now full of crumbles on the table, take a biscuit and eat it on the way down to the basement. I see Jasper has already completed his breakfast and is now playing with his toys. 'You're lucky, you know?' I say to him. 'You don't have to go to school.' He doesn't looks up, still distracted with playing. I sigh and sit down with him. He runs over my lap and sits on it with a ball in his hand as i stroke his fur, whilst I think about tomorrow.