Part Fourteen

a/n: I actually had an idea of what I was gonna do next but then I forgot. Typical me.

"Hey Skye wait up," called that familiar voice from behind just as I turned the corner from the school gates. I smile as he runs up to me and we walk side by side.

"You...wanna come over to my place today?" He asks and I feel so relieved.
"Sure, my mom's probably out looking for a nanny for me right now so she's probably not home," I reply.
"Great. I mean, as in...not great that you have to get a nanny but...what I mean is that...I meant great as in...for you to...as in to be able to come over. At my place...today," he blushes.
I look at him with a smirk. "Chill out Luke. Ha, no need to get so flustered. It's not like it's the first time I'm coming round anyway," I playfully punch him lightly on his upper arm and we walk side by side until i see the big tall glorious apartment where he lives.

"Hi Tony," I say as I see his head pop out from the receptionist counter (whatever you call that).
"Jaz! Great to see you," he says enthusiastically and I'm kinda surprised that he remembered my name.

The first thing I notice when I walk in is Jessie trying to fix Zuri's tangled hair whilst simultaneously avoiding Mrs Kipling's tail whips as well as keeping Emma from ending Ravi's life for who knows the reason.

Luke turns to me. "Well...Jessie seems busy."

I'm kinda intrigued what happened with Emma and Ravi. As well as keeping watch in case their giant butler Bertram comes in any moment.

"Oh Jaz," Jessie says, sounding slightly startled to see me. "Didn't see you there. Emma, stop that!" She yells as she tries to keep Emma away from Ravi.
"Jessie I'm pretty sure Ravi can survive if I dislocate one of his arms. Doesn't matter which one it is," Emma growls at Ravi and he seems to have wet his pants.
"Emma, no! I don't think your parents will like it to see Ravi's arm under the floorboards or something," Jessie says nonchalantly whilst braiding Zuri's hair.
"Yeah and I'LL get in trouble for it," says a voice, from Bertram coming into the room. He then looks at me in disgust. "Oh no, not you again. Children just keep appearing out of nowhere these days."
"Nice to see you too Bertram," I say and he just grumbles whilst walking back to the screening room.
I turn to Jessie who is struggling again to keep Emma off Ravi and hurriedly doing Zuri's tangled hair, "need any help there?"
"Oh no, I'm perfectly fine. I have to put up with this kind of stuff every day of my life." I decide to leave her to it and face Luke. "ok, so you brought me here, what do you wanna do?"
Luke just shrugs. "I don't know. Wanna stuff our faces with cake nation we get caught and wait till Bertram yells at us?"
I just laughed, "yes, that sounds like fun," I say in agreement and we rush off to the kitchen.

•••

"It's not the fact that they aren't any good, it's just that they seem a little bit off to me," I hear Mom say downstairs while I sit next to the banisters.
"I know, honey but we have to pick someone within the next couple of days to look after Jaz while we're away," Dad replies. I hear Jasper come up to me and he lays his head down on my lap.
I hear Mom sigh heavily. "Didn't Jaz say that her friend in school has a nanny? We could ask her to take in Jaz for a couple of weeks."
I perk up a little as soon as the words escape her lips and sit up straight as I contemplate about this. I mean, it's not a bad idea. They like me, don't they? And we've known each other for a while now, not too long but good enough.
"Ok, we'll talk about it over dinner," my dad replies and I quickly rush into my room when I hear him come up the stairs. Well, at least I now know what the conversation over dinner will be about, so when Mom called me down, I was prepared to say what I needed to say.
"Jaz, your Dad and I've been thinking..." Mom begins.
Yeah no kidding.
"But, we want to hear it from you first."
I don't say anything, just wait until they say it first.
"You know your friend from school?" she continues.
I nod.
"You said he has a nanny, right?"
I nod again at her.
"Do you think they'd let you stay at their place for a couple of weeks while we're off doing our work?"
I put my knife and fork down, swallowing hard, pretending that I've just found out.
"Yes Mom, that's a great idea. They've got a really big apartment so it won't really make a difference if I stay with them for the time being."
Dad smiles and Mom claps her hands like she's watching some theatre. "Great!" she exclaims. To be honest, she seems more excited about this whole thing than I am. "Be sure to ask them about it but the end of this week, yeah?"
I nod once more.

a/n: Please read, very important.

I'm very sorry guys I've been away for far too long I don't even remember what day it is. I just don't want to re-read my story just to manage my times scheme. Please remember that there is still the talent show, lets say that 'today', at this point in the story, is something like Tuesday or whatever, and the talent contest is this Friday. And also, remember the Connie and Quella deal? It's supposed to happen before the talent show so I still need to fit the in.

•••

I sit right at the back of the classroom, in the corner by the window and next to Rebecca. When Luke comes into the room, we exchange glances and smiles and he sits in front of me. I look up and see a Chase come in but pretend I don't see him when he almost catches my eye. I hear some frantic whispering from all the girls in the classroom as he comes all the way to the back of the room to sit next to Rebecca, putting his feet up on the chair in front of him. Rebecca reaches over and grips my arm with her hand. "That's so sexy," she whispers to me and she uses her other hand to fan herself, even though the room was pretty cold.
Rebecca, after a while, relaxes on her seat and leans back, giving Chase the perfect access to look at me. I couldn't help not looking at him, and when I do, I catch him staring. He winks and shows his dimple and I manage to return a small shy wave pulling off a pretty believable fake smile. I look away first and down at my fingers in my lap. I'm literally sweating. Did I mention it's pretty cold today?
"Hey ladies," Luke says and I look up with an actual smile on my face when I see him twisting his body around to look at us.
"What, Freckles?" I ask him smirking.
He returns his smirk at me. "Remember Mr. Vega wants us to come to the gym every day after school this week just to 'toughen us up'," he reminds me.
I roll my eyes, "ah yeah, I almost forgot."

Hell yeah, I'm back! Well, more or less *nervous chuckle*