Part Ten

I stumble on the footpath as I try to escape from being caught from Connie and whoever the girl she was talking to as quickly as I can before I'm certain I'm out of sight.
I take a couple of glances back just to be on the safe side and carry on walking with my hands in my pockets, just thinking about what I just heard. Okay so, Connie is still obsessed with Luke and she wants me out of the picture. But why? What did I do to her? I've barely known her a day! Why does she hate me already when she doesn't know the first thing about me? What connection do I have with Luke that she doesn't? We're just friends. But then again, I don't really know the first thing about her except that's she's called Creepy Connie for a reason.

I definitely think it's a good idea if I keep this to myself, at least for a while anyway. They said that they were going to meet up there again on Sunday to discuss each other's 'plans'. Luckily for myself, I'm a nosy person, so it can't be hard to eavesdrop on them again, but I have to be more careful next time.

So, this unknown girl who I don't have a clue how she looks like, wants Emma's shoes and dress. She must be really jealous of her then, which means she MUST go to my school to know her, and me too.
She said 'to get that Clarke-y girl out of the picture'. That also means to 'get rid' of me too, right? I wonder if she means to literally 'get rid of me' get rid of me. So all I have to do is find them on Sunday to know what their plans are about. I guess it won't be hard to convince Luke and the others that Connie's up to something I mean, they all know that Connie is overly obsessed and is always popping up her creepy face time and time again.

For now, I just want to look forward to meeting Luke and maybe some of the others in the park tomorrow to get my mind off Connie.

•••

I ride on my skateboard for a while around my block outside my house in the sunset before I go inside, finally complete my endless homework that I get every day and go to bed with the covers pulled right up to my chin.

My eyelids drop heavily and I find myself in my dreams instantly and just wait for the night to go by.

I'm sorry, I'm doing it again; skipping the boring bits just to get to the point I'm trying to make because I can't think of anything to write there.

•••

I pull Jasper's leash alongside me as I walk in the direction of the park and then I see Luke in the distance with Zuri and Ravi.
I wave at them and they beckon me to come over, so I come as quickly as I can, Jasper rushing forward excited to see them or just the fact that he wants to get petted.
"Hey guys!" I say cheerily.
"Jaz! Glad you could make it," Luke beams, patting Jasper on his head.
I was contemplating whether to tell Luke about the whole thing with Connie and the Mysterious-Woman-Whom-She-Was-Talking-To, but then I decided not to until I find out more about this, so in the end we end up playing with each other by the climbing walls whilst keeping an eye on Jasper before I went home.

···

Yes I know it's a Sunday, and yes I know Creepy Connie and The Other Unknown Girl agreed to meet up in the same place where I overheard them talk about their plan for the deal, but today- Sunday- chores. It's literally the worst day for me and both my parents know I hate doing chores and its very existence but I can't bail out of it. Unless I make up an excuse to leave the house that has something in relation to do with school and/education.

"Mom," I begin saying as I finish wiping the tables. "Can I go down to the library?"
"What for?" Mom replies stacking the plates away.
"It's for school. You see, I need to find out things about the history of New York," I say, which is all a lie, I just need to get out of the house.
"Can't you do it after you've done your chores?"
"No Mom, or the library will close."
Mom takes a moment and then agrees, "fine, but get back home before six."
"I will, thanks."
I'm a pretty excellent liar even if I do say so myself.
"Wait, hang on, do you even know where the library is?" Mom asks as I open the front door.
"I'll find it!" I call back and shut it.

•••

a/n: ok it's been a really loooong time since I've last written this story, so I may be confused as to the time scheme. So 'today' is Sunday, when Creepy Connie and the Unknown Girl are planning to meet up the same place Jasmine was eavesdropping. So this means that the Talent Show thing is in five days time. By now, Jessie has already convinced Jasmine's mom about dropping her out of the show.

You won't believe what? You know that girl I saw with Creepy Connie planning some sort of scheme? I know who it is: it's Quiet Quella, a/n: totally made up, who sits right at the back of the classroom and doesn't say a word. Man I should've known with the hair being so...so...so RED! She probably sits at the back of the class secretly plotting. I saw her face for a split second before both Connie and her walk into a building.
I decide to follow them in.
I walk straight into...the library?
What a coincidence that I end up being in the library! I guess u wasn't really lying to my mom after all.
Connie and Quella sit on a chair beside a round table. I sneak past them, walking alongside a trolley with piles and piles of books on them with my head bent slightly down.
I sit at another table, with a giant encyclopaedia opened at a random page about spiders in front of my face. Just as I had hoped, I could hear exactly what they're saying without getting caught.
"Alright Quella, let's talk business. Our deal?" Connie starts.
"The deal. You get me Emma's stuff that I want and I get rid of Clarke," Quella's voice pipes in.
"Good. All before..."
"All before this Friday, before the time of the Talent Contest."
"Good." Connie leans in forward slightly with her elbows in the table. "For you, as part of our deal, I will sneak into Luke's apartment, into Emma's room- I am pretty good with picking locks- and get you Emma's pink heels and summer dress that you wanted to have. And I have a plan."
"I'm listening," Quella says and leans in forward too whilst I shuffle a little in my seat to hear properly.
"I know exactly where the keeps it," Creepy Connie begins and I listen intently. "In her mini walk in closet, bottom cabinet, top drawer is the summer dress and next to it is the wall sized shoe glass cabinet. They're all amateur level to get into, like c'mon! Give me something even a little challenging!" I hear Connie gloat and then when the message sinks in, I think what?! How does she know all this information. Has she been spying all this time?
"Ok, now your plan. Get rid of Clarke," Connie says and I pay particular attention now.
Quella begins to open her mouth when the library is suddenly interrupted by the fire alarm. There's fire alarms in libraries? How would I know, I've never been to one!
I wait for Connie and Quella to leave first before I make my way out and back home.
Damnit, she was so close to spilling out her plan!

a/n: here you guys are, what you wanted; a new chapter. Sorry it's a little less than I would normally write. I usually go for at least 2000 words for each chapter.  ;)