Chapter 4

"So you are wanting to move out?" Mr. Hunt asked as he sat at the end of the table.

The Hunt family was sat together eating dinner like they usually do.

"It's just an idea. Sherlock suggested a good place and-" Phoebe began to explain.

"Sherlock? You went to see him again?" Mrs. Hunt questioned before putting her hand over her mouth. "Oo! Sorry! I didn't mean to interrupt you dear."

"It's alright, mother. But yes, I went to see Sherlock. He said that there was a flat owned by his landlady that I could move into. I also might be able to find a place to start my bakery up around there," Phoebe explained and her father hummed in thought as he looked at his plate.

"You'll still come visit though right?" Theo piped up as he looked at Phoebe with worry in his green eyes.

"Of course I will! And if you want to come over too, you can. That is if I decide to move there," Phoebe answered as she ruffled his fluffy brown hair.

"I wanna see was Sherlock is like! I don't remember him," Theo said as he looked at his sister. "Can we go see him tomorrow?"

"Well I have to go see him tomorrow anyways, but I'm gonna say no to tomorrow," Phoebe spoke and her brother slumped. "Only because he said he was gonna be meeting someone tomorrow and I don't know if this person is trustworthy yet. I'll find another day, I promise."

"Promise?" Theo perked up again.

"Promise," Phoebe agreed with a warm smile.

🔎

Phoebe walked over to Baker Street once again and hummed when she saw a stranger standing at the door.

"Hello?" Phoebe spoke as the man reached for the door handle.

He jumped slightly and turned to look at her. "Oh, hello! You must be Mrs Hudson. Stamford told me you are the landlady of these flats," the man replied as he bowed slightly.

"Hm? Oh, no, that's not me. My name is Phoebe Hunt. I'm a close aquaintance of Sherlock Holmes," Phoebe introduced herself as she smiled, holding out a hand. "You must be the one Sherlock said was coming over today to interview for a possible flat share."

"Yes, that's me. My name is Doctor John H Watson. It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Hunt," John gently took her hand and kissed her knuckles.

"I'll come inside with you. The flat is just up the front stairs," Phoebe said as she opened the door for John.

Almost immediately they both smelled a foul aroma in the air.

"What is that smell?" Phoebe questioned as her nose scrunched up in disgust.

"Not sure, but it's coming from upstairs," John replied as he lead the way up the stairs. "Excuse me, but is anybody up there?"

"Sherlock?" Phoebe called out as she cautiously followed John up to the flat.

Upon turning onto the landing, John saw a man lying in a pool of blood in a room down the hall.

"Good Lord! Are you alright?" John shouted as he dashed over, Phoebe following suit.

"Sherlock?! My God! What happened?!" Phoebe began to panic as John checked Sherlock's body.

"His pulse is normal. Body temperature's unaffected," John stated before proceeding to force sherlock's mouth open. "Nothing's blocking his airway. No sign of an external injury. Yet, blood is exiting the body."

"Tell med, what's the time?" Sherlock spoke from his position on the floor, nearly giving Phoebe a heartattack as Watson jumped back with a light gasp. Sherlock reached for the doctor's pocket watch chain before looking at the watch itself. "Blast! It can't be that late already!"